S.T. Cygnet FD110
Official Number: 124687
Yard Number: 340
Gross Tonnage: 300
Net Tonnage: 111
Length: 130.5 ft
Breadth: 22.5 ft
Depth: 12.8 ft
Engine: T.3-cyl by Shields Engineering Co Ltd, North Shields
Boiler: Richardsons Westgarth & Co Ltd,
Built: Smith’s Dock Co Ltd, North Shields
27.2.1907: Launched by Smith’s Dock Co Ltd, North Shields (Yd.No.340) for Richard Watson Mason (sailmaker) & John Wright (fishing master) (64/64 joint owners) Fleetwood as CYGNET.
18.4.1907: Registered at Fleetwood (FD110), John Wright appointed manager.
18.4.1907: Mortgaged to London City & Midland Bank Ltd, London (A).
15.5.1907: Mortgage (A) discharged.
16.5.1907: Sold to Cygnet Steam Fishing Co Ltd, Fleetwood (Richard W. Mason, manager).
17.5.1907: Mortgaged to London City & Midland Bank Ltd, London (B).
1.11.1911: Thomas Caldwell appointed manager.
1.1.1914: Tonnage altered to 116.61net under provision of Merchant Shipping Act 1907.
8.1915: Requisitioned for war service as a minesweeper (1-6pdr) (Ad.No.126).
3.1917: Renamed CYGNET II. Based Stromness.
By 12.3.1919: Returned to owner at Fleetwood and reverted to CYGNET (FD110).
1.11.1919: Mortgage (B). Mortgagee changed name to London Joint City & Midland Bank Ltd, London.
11.1925: Sold to Tr°ol AB Fiskm°asen, Uddevalla, Sweden (Sven Sanne, manager).
30.11.1924: Fleetwood registry closed.
1925: Registered at Uddevalla as STORMF°AGELN (U18).
1928: Johan Herman Sanne appointed manager.
11.1936: Sold to Knut Vartdal, Aalesund. Registered at Aasund as RAMOEN (M-1-VD).
1936: Transferred to Rederi A/S Ramoen, Aalsund (Knut Vartdal, manager).
9.1939: Transferred to Norwegian Navy as guardship in Oslofjord.
14.4.1940: Seized by Germans and put into service.
1945: Transferred to Rederi A/S Ramoen, Aalsund (Knut Vartdal, manager).
1948: Fitted out to motor trawler.
1948: Re-engined with 500bhp 2stroke 5-cyl oil engine by Harland & Wolff Ltd, Glasgow. (engine made ?).
1960: Johannes K. Vartdal appointed manager.
1961: Re-engined with 600bhp 2stroke 6-cyl oil engine by Wichmann Mtrf., Rubbestadneset.
4.1964: Reported breaking up completed.