S.T. Knikker IJM4 (Wartime visitor)

Additional information courtesy of Jan Harteveld

Technical

Yard Number: 275
Completed: 1899
Gross Tonnage: 189
Net Tonnage: 59
Length: 115.5 ft
Breadth: 21.6 ft
Depth: 11.0 ft
Built: Cochrane & Cooper Ltd, Beverley
Engine: T.3-cyl by Sir C. Furness Westgarth & Co Ltd, Middlesbrough

History

7.10.1899: Launched by Cochrane & Cooper Ltd, Beverley (Yd.No.275) for Stoomvisscherij Mij “IJszee”, IJmuiden as BARENDSZ.
8.11.1899: Completed at Selby registered to Visscherij Mij “Barendsz”, IJmuiden (P van Vliet Kzn, manager).
11.1899: Registered at IJmuiden (IJM4).
1903: Sold to Maats tot Beheer van Steamtrawlers en andere visschersvaartuigen, IJmuiden (A. G. Meeuwenoord & A. de Vries, managers).
21.10.1916: Sold to Scheepsexploitatie Mij “Amsterdam”, IJmuiden (D. Boon, manager).
1921: Sold to Exploitatie Mij “Zandvoort”, IJmuiden (W. H. Driehuizen, manager).
1924: Sold to Visscherij Mij “Noorderlicht”, IJmuiden (W. H. Voogd, manager).
1927: Sold to Visscherij Mij “Gelria”, IJmuiden (Zwart, Loenersloot & Gomes, managers). Registered at IJmuiden as GELRIA (IJM4).
1935: Sold to Visscherij Mij “Knikker”, IJmuiden (N. Bakenhof, manager) Registered at IJmuiden as KNIKKER (IJM4)
1937: Sold to Visscherij Maatschappij “Protinus”, IJmuiden.
1938: Sold to Visscherij Maatschappij “De Daad”. IJmuiden.
1940: Escaped to England with many refugees.
1940s: Fishing from Fleetwood (Bloomfield’s Ltd, managing agents).
1949: Laid up.
02.1950: Sold to shipbreakers and broken up. IJmuiden registry closed.
Engine: T.3-cyl by Sir C. Furness Westgarth & Co Ltd, Middlesbrough

Click to enlarge image

S.T. Knikker IJM4

S.T. Knikker IJM4
Picture courtesy of The Jan Harteveld Collection

Changelog

15/03/2013: Page published 4 updates since then.
14/01/2019: Removed FMHT watermark from image.