Additional information courtesy of Nick Miller
Official Number: 97466
Yard Number: 16
Gross Tonnage: 85
Net Tonnage: 16
Length: 85.5 ft
Breadth: 17.1 ft
Depth: 9.2 ft
Built: McGill & Gillmour, Irvine
Engine: 150ihp C.2-cyl and boiler by Muir & Houston Ltd, Kinning Park, Glasgow
1892: Completed by McGill & Gillmour, Irvine (Yd.No.16) for Lancashire Sea Fisheries Committee, Lancaster (Frederick C. Hulton, Preston, Clerk of the Peace, Lancashire County Council) as JOHN FELL (named after Committee Chairman).
1893: Registered at Preston (PN6). Robert A. Dawson, Lytham, Superintendent of the Lancashire Sea Fisheries Committee, appointed manager. Trawl mesh trials fishing Jordan Flats and Queen’s Bar, Rock and Horse Channels and Crosby Channel landing at Liverpool. Landing at Fleetwood from other trial and research trips.
5.5.1893: At a meeting in Preston, Cumberland Sea Fisheries Committee agreed to share the costs of the JOHN FELL.
13.1.1898: The Committee considered and resolved to discontinue the use of the JOHN FELL.
1900: Sold to Italian flag operators. Preston registry closed “Sold to foreigners (Italian subjects)”.
29/06/2015: Page published.