S.T. St. Peter H102

In Premier Steam Fishing Co. (Fleetwood) ownership. Did not fish from the port
Additional information courtesy of Mike Thompson and Maurice Voss

Technical

Official Number: 186693
Yard Number: 765
Completed: 1946
Gross Tonnage: 534
Net Tonnage: 192
Length: 166.9 ft
Breadth: 27.7 ft
Depth: 14.4 ft
Belgian register: 523,30g 188,91n 49,88 x 8,41 x 4,27 metres
Built: Cook, Welton & Gemmell Ltd, Beverley
Engine: 1000ihp T.3-cyl and boiler by Charles D. Holmes & Co Ltd, Hull
Fitted for burning oil fuel, F.P. above 150° F

History

One of four oil fired steam trawlers to the same design ordered by Basil Arthur Parkes, Fleetwood during 1945 from Cook, Welton & Gemmell Ltd. Two for Saint Andrew’s Steam Fishing Co Ltd, Hull, St. JOHN and St. MATHEW (Yd.Nos.763, 764) and two on behalf of N.V. Motorvisscherij, Ostend, BREUGHEL (Yd.No.765) and RUBENS (Yd.No.767).

01.06.1946: Launched by Cook, Welton & Gemmell Ltd, Beverley (Yd.No.765) for N.V. Motorvisscherij, Ostend as BREUGHEL.
31.07.1946: Completed,
07.1946: Registered at Ostend (O299).
2.8.1946: Arrived Ostend.
3.8.1946: In service.1946-1947: Occasional landings at Hull.
1948: First Belgian trawler to fish Greenland and Labrador grounds.
19.11.1948: One crewman (Roger Vanhoome) lost overboard and drowned.
23.6.1950: Sailed on an Icelandic trip. First Belgian trawler to fish Icelandic waters with newly installed radar.
10.1955: Sold to Basil Arthur Parkes, North Ferriby en bloc with RUBENS (O297).
11.1955: Sold to Saint Andrew’s Steam Fishing Co Ltd, Hull (Basil A. Parkes, Hull, manager).
17.11.1955: Ostend registry closed.
28.11.1955: Registered at Hull as St. PETER O.N.186693 (H102) (MoT R555/1/0622 dated 3.11.1955).
28.11.1955: Sold to The Premier Steam Fishing Co Ltd, Fleetwood (Basil A. Parkes, Hull, manager). Insured for £87,000.
29.11.1955: Sailed Hull for White Sea trip (Sk. Sydney Ness).
22.12.1955: At Hull landed 1792 kits, 363 shelf, £4,827 gross.
20.3.1965: Sailed Hull on Icelandic trip (Sk. Frederick Henry Patmere).
13.4.1965: At Hull landed 776 kits, 237 shelf, £3,331 gross. Laid up for disposal.
05.1965: Sold to Clayton & Davie Ltd, Gateshead for breaking up.
14.05.1965: Arrived River Tyne for breaking up at Dunston.
24.08.1965: Hull registry closed.

Note: ST.PETER is the patron saint of fishermen and with this in mind the Parkes family presented the ship’s bell to The Royal National Mission to Deep Sea Fishermen, Hull. At the present time the bell is placed in the fishermen’s memorial area of the Holy Trinity Church, Hull.

Click to enlarge picture

S.T.Breughel  O299

S.T. Breughel O299
Picture courtesy of Maurice Voss

S.T. St Peter H102

S.T. St Peter H102
Picture courtesy of The David Slinger Collection

S.T. St. Peter H102

S.T. St. Peter H102
Picture courtesy of The Mike Thompson Collection

S.T. St. Peter H102

S.T. St. Peter H102
Picture from the Internet

Changelog
15/06/2015: Page published.
26/06/2015: Picture added.
05/01/2018: Added an image and removed FMHT watermarks.

Leave A Comment

You must be logged in to post a comment.


Hit Counter provided by criminal attorney Orange County
Fight Spam! Click Here!