Additional information courtesy of Bill Blow, David Slinger and Birgir Þórisson
Official Number: 123569
Yard Number: 110
Gross Tonnage: 258.77
Net Tonnage: 110.69
Length: 128.4 ft
Breadth: 22.0 ft
Depth: 11.82 ft
Built: Cook, Welton & Gemmell, Beverley
Engine: 465ihp T.3-cyl and boiler by Charles D. Holmes Ltd, Hull
10.4.1906: Launched by Launched by Cook, Welton & Gemmell, Beverley (Yd.No.110) for The Earl Steam Fishing Co Ltd (64/64), Grimsby as EARL HEREFORD.
18.6.1906: Registered at Grimsby (GY147).
18.6.1906: Alick Black appointed manager.
Pre 1911: Fishing from Fleetwood.
14.1.1911: Inwards from fishing grounds grounded in Wyre Channel.
12.1912: Sold to Christian M. Evensen, Thorshavn, Faroe Islands.
21.12.12: Grimsby registry closed.
12.1912: Registered at Thorshavn.
2.1915: Sold to Sk. Halldor Kr. Thorsteinsson (1/2 share) and Hf. Eggert Ólafsson (1/2 share), Reykjavik for the sum of £5,700. Thorshavn registry closed. Registered at Reykjavik (RE157).
8.1917: Sold to Marine Francais for the sum of 400,000 Icelandic krónur along with nine other Icelandic trawlers (partly paid for in kind, by coal and salt, the lack of which had largely ground the Icelandic fishing industry to a halt). Employed as an auxiliary patrol vessel. Reykjavik registry closed. Renamed GUENON.
1919: Sold to F. Evan, Lorient. Registered at Lorient as PEN-er-VRO.
1925: Sold to L. Ballias & Cie, Lorient. Registered at Lorient as RAUZAN.
1936: Sold to G. Gautier, E. & A. Gautier Fils & Cia, Lorient.
1942: Requisitioned by Kriegsmarine as an auxiliary (P.No.V421).
4.6.1944: Lost during invasion of Europe.
1951: Salvaged and broken up.
Click to enlarge image
24/01/2016: Page published.
28/01/2016: Picture added and information updated.
08/04/2016: Information updated.
10/02/2019: Removed FMHT watermark from image.