Additional information courtesy of Andy Hall and Bill Blow
Official Number: 123368
Yard Number: 291
Gross Tonnage: 240
Net Tonnage: 62
Length: 120.6 ft
Breadth: 22.9 ft
Depth: 13.2 ft
Built: John Duthie Torry Shipbuilding Co, Aberdeen
Engine: 420ihp T.3-cyl and boiler by J. Abernethy & Co, Aberdeen
23.5.1906: Launched by John Duthie Torry Shipbuilding Co, Aberdeen (Yd.No.291) for The Walker Steam Trawl Fishing Co Ltd, Aberdeen as STAR OF LIBERTY.
30.10.1906: Registered at Aberdeen (A88). Andrew walker appointed manager.
11.5.1908: Arrived Aberdeen from an Icelandic trip reporting boat lost when howmewards due to stress of weather.
7.5.1912: Aberdeen registry closed. To fish in South African waters.
14.10.1912: Laid up in Victoria Dock, Aberdeen and advertised for sale in ‘Aberdeen Journal’ Interest shown by the French Government and sale to French nationals confirmed.
1912: Sold to Soc. Anon. des Pêcheries de Biarritz, Biarritz. Renamed GRAZIELLA.
19??: Remeasured 241g 53n.
1915: Sold to Rene Pettit, Dieppe. Registered at Dieppe (D-1659).
By 1925: Sold to Brunet & Ledoux, Boulogne.
1927: Sold to Brunet & Co, Boulogne. Dieppe registry closed. Registered at Boulogne (B-??).
1928: Sold to Stephen Fishing Co Ltd, Aberdeen.
1928: Remeasured 226.50g 98.34n.
6.9.1928: Registered at Aberdeen as GRAZIELLA (A368) (Minute M/RG1352/28 dated 20.8.28). 2.12.1928: Registered at Aberdeen as JANE STEPHEN (A368). Thomas Stephen appointed manager.
8.1933: Sold to William Wray, Hartlepool.
8.9.1933: Aberdeen registry closed.
9.1933: Registered at Hartlepool (HL61).
9.10.1933: Registered at Hartlepool as EILEEN WRAY (HL61). William Wray designated managing owner.
7.2.1934: Homeward from fishing grounds (Sk. Ben Trueman), when some 200 miles from Hartlepool ran into very heavy weather and NW gale; boat lost, wheelhouse window stove in and some deckpound boards washed away.
9.2.1934: Arrived Hartlepool.
14.3.1935: Landed a Royal sturgeon – 3 stone and 5ft in length.
6/7.1936: Landed at Fleetwood (The Hewett Fishing Co Ltd agents)
17.12.1939: Off Hartlepool badly damaged by German aircraft, towed into Hartlepool but later foundered; no casualties.
12.1939: Salved, repaired and returned to service.
14.11.1940: Sold to Saint Andrew’s Steam Fishing Co Ltd, Hull. Basil Arthur Parkes, Cleveleys designated manager.
1942: Sold to Hellyer Brothers Ltd, Hull.
12.1942: Hartlepool registry closed.
18.12.1942: Registered at Hull (H8).
1943: Landing at Hull from Iceland/Faroe – 12 trips, 11,374 kits.
10.1945: Sold to Humber Trawlers Ltd (64/64), Grimsby.
10.1945: Hull registry closed.
19.10.1945: Registered at Grimsby (GY108).
19.10.1945: Joseph Reynolds Cobley designated manager.
3.11.1945: Vessel mortgaged (64/64) to National Provincial Bank Ltd, London (A).
13.7.1951: Mortgage (A) discharged.
1952: Sold for breaking up.
23.5.1952: Grimsby registry closed. “ Ship broken up ”.
Click to enlarge image
06/05/2016: Page published.
06/10/2016: Information updated.
03/06/2020: Updated information.