Additional information courtesy of Milford Trawlers
Official Number: 96212
Yard Number: 332
Gross Tonnage: 183.02
Net Tonnage: 55
Length: 107.4 ft
Breadth: 20.5 ft
Depth: 11.5 ft
Built: Earles Shipbuilding & Engineering Co Ltd, Hull
Engine: T.3-cyl and boiler by Earles Shipbuilding & Engineering Co Ltd, Hull
1890: Launched by Earles Shipbuilding & Engineering Co Ltd, Hull (Yd.No.332) for The Grimsby Steam Fishing Co Ltd (64/64), Grimsby as ELECTRIC.
2.1890: Completed as a well vessel and liner.
25.2.1890: Registered at Grimsby (GY236). Henry Kelly, Cleethorpes designated manager.
1911: New boiler fitted.
1912: George Edward James Moody, Cleethorpes designated manager. Fishing out of Fleetwood. Engaged in trawling. William Moody Kelly managing agent. 1.1.1914: Tonnage altered to 78.73 net under provision of Merchant Shipping Act 1907.
29.5.1915: Requisitioned for Fishery Reserve.
7.1915: Sold to Aberdeen owners.
5.1916: Sold to Neville Simpson Clarke, Scarborough & Thomas Crimlisk, Filey.
9.5.1916: Grimsby registry closed.
10.5.1916: Registered at Scarborough (SH232).
5.1916: Thomas Crimlisk designated managing owner.
29.11.1916: Sold to Thomas Crimlisk, Filey; Frank Crimlis, Hull; Frederick William Simpson and Benjamin Simpson Jnr, both Scarborough.
19.4.1917: Fishing out of Hull.
4.1919: Sold to Reginald White, Grimsby.
17.4.1919: Scarborough registry closed.
25.4.1919: Registered at Grimsby (GY286). Reginald White designated managing owner.
1926: Sold to Charles Harold Bird, Hakin.
1928: Sold to Charles A. Munnings, T. D. Davies, R. A. G. Taylor & Archie R. Locke, all Hakin. David Pettit designated manager.
3.11.1928: Trawling off the Co. Wexford coast (Sk. “Ginger” Knowles); eleven crew all told. In company with steam trawlers UBERTY (R219) (Sk William George Stanford) and CICERO (H931) (Sk. Noel Bray). Towing around the Black Rock inside the Barrels Rocks, gear fouled propeller and vessel became unmanageable, struck a rock and started to fill. Crew taken off by UBERTY. At about 11.00pm foundering in deep water off Carnsore Point.
5.11.1928: Survivors landed at Milford.
15.11.1928: Grimsby registry closed “Total loss”.
03/10/2016: Page published.
05/06/2020: Information updated.