In Parkes (Fleetwood) ownership. Did not fish from the port.
Official Number: 145803
Gross Tonnage: 95.36
Net Tonnage: 41.56
Length: 84.4 ft
Breadth: 19.2 ft
Depth: 10.4 ft
Built: Davie Shipbuilding & Repairing Co, Levis, Quebec, Canada
Engine: 200ihp C.2-cyl by Davie Shipbuilding & Engineering Co Ltd, Levis, PQ.
1917: Launched by Davie Shipbuilding & Repairing Co, Levis, Quebec, Canada (Yd.No.) (Canadian Admiralty drifter) for The Admiralty (paid for and built under direction of RCN) as CD.32.
12.7.1918: Completed (1-6pdr) and commissioned.
12.1918: Laid up at Halifax, NS.
1920: “Cost of maintenance is high and the agents, Messrs Anderson Overseas Co, New York have failed to find any buyers”.
1920: The Treasury/Admiralty accepted offer of Rose Street Foundry & Engineering Co Ltd, Inverness (Mr S. Hunter Gordon) to bring drifters with trawlers as escorts to UK for lay-up in Muirtown Basin, Caledonian Canal, Inverness prior to sale and possible refit for classification as steam drifters (The Rose Street Foundry & Engineering Co Ltd letter dated 12 April 1920).
1921: Brought over at The Admiralty’s expense with Captain Donald John Munro CMG RN as convoy commander.
1923: Sold to Stanley Walter Watts, Dartford, Kent.
17.10.1923: Registered at Lowestoft as ERITHIAN (LT1276).
23.6.1925: Sold to Fred Parkes, Blackpool.
16.7.1925: Lowestoft registry closed.
21.7.1925: Registered at Grimsby (GY312).
8.1925: Sold to French owners.
31.8.1925: Grimsby registry closed. Registered at Dieppe as RACHEL MARIE LOUISE.
14/07/2020: Page published.