Official Number: 116118
Yard Number: 310
Gross Tonnage: 235
Net Tonnage: 95
Length: 125 ft
Breadth: 21.5 ft
Depth: 12 ft
Engine: T.3-cyl and boiler by Charles D. Holmes & Co, Hull
Built: Cochrane & Sons, Selby
18.11.1902: Launched by Cochrane & Sons, Selby (Yd.No.310) for The City Steam Fishing Co Ltd, Hull as NEWLAND.
5.1.1903: Completed (John A. Laverack, manager).
6.1.1903: Registered at Hull (H713).
30.1.1908: William Morton, cook, lost overboard and drowned.
1.1915: Requisitioned for war service as a minesweeper (1-12pdr, 1-7.5” A/S Howitzer & Hydro) (Ad.No.942).
1919: Returned to owner.
22.12.1924: George Blyth, deckhand, lost overboard and drowned.
12.1924: Sold to Hans Muff, Esbjerg (Hudson Bros, Hull, managers).
11.2.1925 Sold to Thomas Hudson, Hull.
4.3.1925: Hull registry closed.
14.3.1925: Sold Hans Muff, Esbjerg.
3.1925: Registered at Esbjerg as NAOS.
11.1926: Sold to John W. Storr, Hull. Esbjerg registry closed.
5.11.1926: Registered at Hull (H315).
7.12.1926: Sold to Neptune Steam Trawling Co Ltd, Hull (John W. Storr, manager).
3.1.1929: Sold to Mons Steam Fishing Co Ltd, Hull (Elijah Headspith, Hessle, manager).
5.9.1934: Sold to Dalby Steam Fishing Co Ltd, Fleetwood (Bowden Ramster, manager).
7.1.1935: Registered at Hull as NEWLAND (H315).
6.1.1936: Sold to Hewett Fishing Co Ltd, London (Robert S. Hewett, manager).
9.1.1936: Hull registry closed.
11.1.1936: Registered at London (LO95).
5.1940: Requisitioned for war service and appointed for conversion to a minesweeper.
7.1940: Returned to owner (Not listed in MT65-467).
31.7.1940: 40 miles SW of Barra Head, picked up Master, twenty-four crew, one gunner and four passengers from steamer JAMAICA PROGRESS (5475grt/1932) sunk by torpedo and gunfire by U-boat (U.99). Landed at Fleetwood. (Chief Officer and sixteen crew members landed at Barra).
5.1943: Sold to Hull Merchants Amalgamated Trawlers Ltd, Hull.
5.1943: London registry closed.
22.5.1943: Registered at Hull (H553).
9.2.1945: Sold to Shire Trawlers Ltd, London (William A. Bennett, manager).
28.12.1946 Sold to Lord Line Ltd, Hull.
1.8.1947: Sold to Elkington Estates Ltd, Grimsby (C. Dobson, manager).
9.1947: Hull registry closed.
9.1947: Registered at Grimsby (GY500).
1952: Sold to Stockton Shipping & Salvage Ltd, Stockton-on-Tees for breaking up.
12.10.1952: Breaking up commenced.
11.1952: Grimsby registry closed breaking up completed.
Click to enlarge image
18/01/2009: Page published. 4 updates since then.
21/11/2011: Removed FMHT watermark from image.