Additional information courtesy of Bill Blow, Andy Hall and Maggie Law Maritime Museum
Official Number: 127131
Yard Number: 436
Gross Tonnage: 198
Net Tonnage: 74
Length: 112.2 ft
Breadth: 22.9 ft
Depth: 11.6 ft
Engine: T.3-cyl by Hall, Russell & Co Ltd, Aberdeen
Built: Hall, Russell & Co Ltd, Aberdeen
19.9.1907: Launched by Hall, Russell & Co Ltd, Aberdeen (Yd.No.436) for The Loch Line Steam Trawling & Fishing Co Ltd (64/64), Aberdeen as LOCH DOON.
12.10.1907: Registered at Aberdeen (A161).
10.1907: Completed. Harry A. Holmes designated manager.
1.1.1914: Tonnage altered to 73.97 net under provision of Merchant Shipping Act 1907.
8.1914: Requisitioned for war service as a minesweeper (1-6pdr HA) (Ad.No.271).
1918: Sold to The Montrose Fishing Co Ltd (64/64), Montrose for the sum of £9,750. Charles F. Paton, Glasgow designated manager.
8.4.1918: Aberdeen registry closed.
10.4.1918: Registered at Montrose (ME248). Based Tyne.
10.1.1919: Ref. M. Branch Acquaint, Ser.No.198. to be returned to owner at Aberdeen.
14.1.1919: Amended by Ref. M. Branch Acquaint, Ser.No.206. to be returned to owner at Granton.
16.3.1920: Registered at Montrose as RIVER DOON (ME248).
26.8.1921: Extraordinary general meeting called for the purpose of considering resolutions for the voluntary winding-up of the company, and the selling, by the liquidators, of the business and property of the company to a new company proposed to be formed with a name nearly as may be the same as that of the present company. Further finance to be arranged. Vessels laid up.
9.1921: Some vessels returned to fishing. Harry A. Holmes, Aberdeen designated manager.
10.5.1922: Extraordinary general meeting of the Company has been called in Edinburgh to consider the voluntary winding-up of the Company as, in the words of the resolution submitted, it ” cannot, by reason of its liabilities, continue its business.”
10.5.1922: Company in voluntary liquidation; deficit about £100,000. Mr James Winning, chartered accountant, Glasgow appointed liquidator on advice of National Bank of Scotland Ltd, the largest secured creditor.
21.9.1922: Sold to William Brown (64/64), Granton. William Brown designated managing owner.
27.2.1923: Vessel mortgaged (64/64) to Royal Bank of Scotland Ltd, Edinburgh (A). 3.1931: Mortgage (A) discharged.
9.3.1931: Sold to Alexander Duthie, Alexander A. Davidson and William Ward Jnr (64/64 joint owners), Aberdeen. Alexander A. Davidson designated managing owner.
9.3.1931: Montrose registry closed.
12.3.1931: Registered at Aberdeen (A152).
1940: Sold to J. Bennett (Wholesale) Ltd (64/64), London. William A. Bennett designated manager.
1940: Directed to Fleetwood under wartime controls.
8.10.1941: Sold to Aldred Fishing Co Ltd (64/64), Grimsby. Harry Markham Cook, Louth designated manager.
1942: Registered office transferred to Fleetwood.
18.6.1943: Typical wartime landing. 288 kits – hake-88, cod/codling-64, ling/coley-93, roker-43.
3.1944: Returned to Grimsby.
26.3.1945: Sold to Arthur Gladstone Hamer (64/64), Grimsby. Arthur Gladstone Hamer designated managing owner.
29.11.1946: Aberdeen registry closed.
4.12.1946: Registered at Grimsby (GY424).
1946: Fishing out of Fleetwood.
3.2.1948: Sold to St. Annes Trawling Co Ltd (64/64), St. Anne’s-on-the-Sea.
9.2.1948: Arthur Gladstone Hamer, Grimsby appointed manager.
11.1948: Company placed in Members’ Voluntary Winding Up. William Earl, St. Anne’s-on-the-Sea appointed Liquidator.
24.11.1948: Sold to Joseph Parker (64/64), Grimsby.
26.11.1948: Joseph Parker designated managing owner.
23.3.1949: Sold to Grange Fishing Co Ltd (64/64), Fleetwood.
28.3.1949: Herbert Schofield appointed manager.
20.10.1949: St. Annes Trawling Co Ltd wound up.
2.1950: Sold to BISCO and allocated to Thos. W. Ward Ltd, Sheffield for breaking up at Preston.
8.8.1950: Grimsby registry closed “Ship broken up”.
04/01/2009: Page published. 3 updates since then.
07/10/2015: Information updated.
20/04/2018: Information updated.