Official Number: 116103
Yard Number: 335
Gross Tonnage: 239
Net Tonnage: 84
Length: 125 ft
Breadth: 21.75 ft
Depth: 11.7 ft
Engine: 70nhp T.3-cyl and boiler by Amos & Smith Ltd, Hull
Built: Cook, Welton & Gemmell, Hull
Speed: 10.5 knots
20.9.1902: Launched by Cook, Welton & Gemmell, Hull (Yd.No.335) for Pickering & Haldane’s Steam Trawling Co Ltd, Hull as SWAN.
15.11.1902: Registered at Hull (H700).
11.1902: Completed (H. A. Lees Russell, manager).
1.1.1914: Tonnage altered to 93 net under provision of Merchant Shipping Act 1907.
12.1914: Requisitioned for war service as a minesweeper (1-6pdr) (Ad.No.811).
2.1915: Renamed SWAN II.
17.4.1915: Registered at Hull as Swan II (H700).
4.10.1918: Sold to Weston W. Crampin, Grimsby (managing owner).
21.10.1918: Hull registry closed.
24.10.1918: Registered at Grimsby (GY1223).
1919: Returned to owner.
2.1919: Sold to The Crampin Steam Fishing Co Ltd, Grimsby (Herbert W. Crampin, manager).
2.1920: Sold to The Bunch Steam Fishing Co Ltd, Grimsby (Walter Crampin, manager).
10.1930: Sold to Hewett Fishing Co Ltd, London (Robert Scott Hewett, manager).
14.10.1930: Grimsby registry closed.
15.10.1930: Registered at London (LO47).
6.1935: On a trip to Donegal Bay grounds (Sk. John Plant). Seized in Culdaff Bay by Civic Guards disguised as fishermen on a charge of fishing in Free State territorial waters. At Letterkennny, Co. Donegal, Sk. Plant was fined £50 and trawler detained pending payment.
12.4.1940: Requisitioned for war service as a minesweeper (P.No.FY.1880)(Hire rate £59.15.0d/month).
7.1941: Employed as a base for boiler cleaning parties.
6.11.1941: Compulsorily acquired by M.O.W.T.
4. 1945: Repair & Maintenance at Aultbea.
8.1945: Sold to Hewett Fishing Co Ltd, London & Fleetwood (Robert S. Hewett, manager).
1947: Sold to BISCO and allocated to West of Scotland Shipbreaking Co Ltd, Troon for breaking up.
11.2.1947: Arrived Troon Harbour (draughts 5’6”/12’6”).
21.2.1947: Breaking commenced.
1.4.1947: Beached (draughts 3’6”/6’0”).
23.6.1947: Breaking completed. London registry closed.
Click to enlarge image
19/01/2009: Page published. 5 Updates since then.
19/05/14: Picture added.
20/11/2017: Removed FMHT watermark from images.