Tag Archives: Killen SFC

S.T. Edouard Nierinck FD412

Additional information courtesy of Andy Hall and David Slinger

Technical

Admiralty Number 4484
Official Number 141961
Yard Number: 314
Completed: 1919
Gross Tonnage 276
Net Tonnage: 120
Length 125.4 ft
Breadth: 23.4 ft
Depth: 12.6 ft
Engine: 480ihp T.3-cyl by J. P. Rennoldson & Sons Ltd, South Shields
Built: J P Rennoldson, South Shields

History

1919: Launched by J. P. Rennoldson & Sons Ltd, South Shields (Yd.No.314)(“Castle” class) for The Admiralty as DANIEL DILLON (Ad.No.4484).
28.7.1919: Completed as a fishing vessel and sold to Soc. Anon-Delta, Ostend (J. Nierinck, manager). Renamed EDOUARD NIERINCK (O206).
1921: Fishing from Fleetwood.
1922: Sold to Jules H. Nierinck, Blackpool (managing owner).
5.10.1922: Registered at Fleetwood (FD412).
1924: Sold to Scarisbrick Steam Trawlers (Fleetwood) Ltd, Fleetwood (William W. Brierley, manager).
1924: Registered at Fleetwood as EDWARD WALMSLEY (FD412) (BoT Minute M/RG 1480/24).
18.10.1935: Off the Western Isles in very heavy weather (Sk. George Abram*) observed rockets and flares from a vessel in distress. Steamed towards vessel and found steam trawler DHOON (FD348) disabled with severe heavy weather damage.
20.10.1935: At 7.00am after almost twelve hours and many attempts, continuously swept by heavy seas, connected and proceeded for Fleetwood.
22.10.1935: At 4.20am. arrived Fleetwood after a very difficult 48 hour tow and delivered alongside at North End. Later landed 104 kits – 100 boxes 20 baskets, £359 gross.
30.8.1939: Requisitioned for war service as a minesweeper (P.No. FY.624) (Hire rate £86.5.0d/month).
7.1946: Reclassed at Fleetwood and returned to owner.
27.9.1949: One of five trawlers that went aground in the Wyre Channel in thick fog when outward for the fishing grounds. Refloated next tide and proceeded.
12.10.1949: Landed 308 kits, £1460 gross.
1952: Sold to The Cevic Steam Fishing Co Ltd, Fleetwood (Richard Neave, manager).
1958: Sold to Haulbowline Industries Ltd, Passage West, Co. Cork for breaking up.
24.11.1958: Sailed Fleetwood for Cork.
26.11.1958: Arrived Passage West.
(Daniel (David) Dillon, OS, age 35, b. Dublin – ROYAL SOVEREIGN (SB68?))

Note.

* 16.1.1935: Sk. George Abram presented with a Board of Trade silver bowl in recognition of the skilled seamanship and persistence shown in assisting the Dhoon).

Click to enlarge images

S.T. Edouard Nierinck FD412 as Edward Walmsley

S.T. Edward Walmsley FD412

S.T. Edward Walmsley FD412

S.T. Edward Walmsley FD412
Picture courtesy of Bill Blow

S.T. Edward Walmsley FD412

S.T. Edward Walmsley FD412
Picture courtesy of Billy Worrall

Changelog
23/01/2009: Page published. 5 updates since then.
01/07/2015: Picture added.
29/01/2016: Information updated.
25/04/2017: Removed FMHT watermark from images.

S.T. Peter Killen FD406

Technical

Admiralty Number: 4207
Official Number: 139806
Yard Number: 449
Completed: 1919
Gross Tonnage: 276
Net Tonnage: 109
Length: 125.6 ft
Breadth: 23.6 ft
Depth: 12.7 ft
Engine: 87hp T.3-cyl by Bellis & Morcom Ltd, Birmingham
Built: J. Duthie Torry Shipbuilding Co, Aberdeen

History

12.1918: Launched by J. Duthie Torry Shipbuilding Co, Aberdeen (Yd.No.449) (“Castle” class) for The Admiralty as PETER KILLEN (Ad.No.4207).
31.3.1919: Completed as a fishing vessel.
4.1919: Sold to Andrew Hardie, Aberdeen (Horace E. Stroud, manager).
11.4.1919: Registered at Aberdeen (A149).
3.1920: Sold to Herbert Ford, Birmingham (John Maxwell Jones, Plymouth, manager).
31.3.1920: Aberdeen registry closed.
4.1920: Registered at Plymouth (PH140).
1921: Fishing from Fleetwood.
2.1922: Sold to Killen Steam Fishing Co Ltd, Fleetwood (Jules H. Nierinck, Blackpool, manager).
3.1922: Plymouth registry closed.
24.3.1922: Registered at Fleetwood (FD406).
1924: Sold to René Maubaillarcq & Cie, La Rochelle (Association Rochelaise de Pêche à Vapeur).
11.4.1924: Fleetwood registry closed.
4.1924: Registered at La Rochelle as CRAONNE BEAURIEUX (LR3739).
9.1933: Sold to Hudson Steam Fishing Co Ltd, Hull (Archibald Hudson , Hessle, manager).
9.1933: La Rochelle registry closed.
26.9.1933: Registered at Hull as SIR JOHN LISTER (H509).
10.1933: New boiler fitted.
1938: Sold to Iago Steam Trawling Co Ltd, London (E. D. W. Lawford, manager).
29.3.1938: Hull registry closed.
30.3.1938: Registered at London (LO209).
1.9.1939: Requisitioned for war service as a minesweeper (P.No. FY.622) (Hire rate £87.16.3d/month).
5.1945: Surveyed and restored at Port Glasgow.
11.8.1945: Returned to owner.
1.1946: Sold to Pair Fishing Co Ltd, Milford Haven (H. J. Richards, manager).
11.1947: Sold to William Johnston, Newhaven, Edinburgh.
1.1948: London registry closed.
1.1948: Registered at Granton as ESTHER JOHNSTON (GN50).
1954: Owners re-styled William Johnston & Co (Newhaven) Ltd, Newhaven, Edinburgh (Adam W. Wood, Leith, manager).
1957: Sold to BISCO (£6150) and allocated to Shipbreaking Industries Ltd, Charlestown, Fife for breaking up (Contract No.17E).
14.4.1957: Delivered Charlestown from Granton under own power and breaking up commenced.
(Peter Killen, OS (volunteer), age 21, b. Co. Louth, Ireland – VICTORY (SB828))

Click to enlarge image

S.T. Craonne Beaurieux LR3739

S.T. Craonne Beaurieux LR3739
Picture © Alex Henri, La Rochelle

Changelog
03/07/2009: Page published. 7 updates since then.
24/07/2017: Removed FMHT watermark.