Tag Archives: Melling STC

S.T. Lizzie Melling PN45


Additional information courtesy of David Whiteside

Technical

Official Number: 114912
Yard Number: 754
Completed: 1904
Gross Tonnage: 207
Net Tonnage: 79
Length: 117 ft
Breadth: 21.6 ft
Depth: 12 ft
Engine: 62 hp T.3-cyl by Shields Engineering Co Ltd, North Shields
Built: Smith’s Dock Co Ltd, North Shields

History

22.9.1904: Launched by Smith’s Dock Co Ltd, North Shields (Yd.No.754) for Henry Melling, Preston (managing owner) as the LIZZIE MELLING.
10.1904: Completed.
3.11.1904: Registered at Preston (PN45). Operated from Liverpool.
19.4.1905: Landed at Preston – 10 tons.
20.4.1905: Sailed for fishing grounds.
1906: Transferred to Fleetwood.
1907: Transferred to The Melling Steam Trawling Co Ltd, Fleetwood (Henry Melling, Preston, manager).
6.1915: Requisitioned for war service as a minesweeper at Aberdeen.
12.12.1915: Arrived Milford and commissioned (Ad.No.2511). Based Stromness.
By 12.3.1919: Returned to owner at Fleetwood.
1919: Sold to Thomas F. Kelsall, Fleetwood (managing owner).
1920: Sold to Melling Trawlers Ltd, Fleetwood (Henry Melling, Preston, manager).
1932: Owners restyled Mellings Ltd, Fleetwood (William Melling, Penwortham, manager).
27.9.1949: One of five trawlers that went aground in the Wyre Channel in thick fog when outward for the fishing grounds. Refloated next tide and proceeded.
27.7.1953: Landed Fleetwood. Laid up.
Pre-1956: Harvey Sucksmith, Cleveleys appointed manager.
6.1957: Sold to Hammond Lane Metal Co Ltd, Dublin for breaking up.
14.6.1957: Delivered Dublin.
1957: Fleetwood registry closed.

Click to enlarge image

S.T. Lizzie Melling PN45

S.T. Lizzie Melling PN45
Picture from the Internet

S.T. Lizzie Melling PN45

S.T. Lizzie Melling PN45
Picture courtesy of Peter Green

Harry and Lizzie Melling

Harry and Lizzie Melling
Picture courtesy of The Osta Collection

The nobby ORIENT FD206, LIZZIE MELLING PN45 outboard of WRENTHORPE FD80 with MARTON FD38 ahead.

Jubilee

Jubilee
Picture courtesy of The David Slinger Collection

Changelog
19/01/2009: Page published. 6 revisions since then.
28/06/2014: Picture 4 added.
20/04/2015: Updated information.
29/01/2017: Removed disputed image.
22/02/2017: Changed image.
13/04/2019: Added an image.