In Marr (Fleetwood) ownership. Did not fish from the port.
Additional information courtesy of Mike Thompson and Milford Trawlers
Admiralty Number: 3574
Official Number: 144327
Yard Number: 836
Gross Tonnage: 326
Net Tonnage: 130
Length: 138.5 ft
Breadth: 23.7 ft
Depth: 12.8 ft
Engine: T.3-cyl and boiler by C. D. Holmes & Co Ltd, Hull
Built: Cochrane & Sons Ltd, Selby
17.12.1917: Launched by Cochrane & Sons Ltd, Selby (Yd.No.836) “Mersey” class as JAMES WRIGHT.
12.03.1918: Completed as a minesweeper (Ad.No.3576).
1919: Laid up at Brightlingsea.
03.2.1920: Registered by The Admiralty at London (Part I & IV) O.N.144327 (LO311).
Between 18.5.1920 – 18.6.1920:: Allocated to Ministry of Agriculture & Fisheries, London and engaged in commercial trawling.
13.8.1920: Minesweepers’ Cooperative Trawling Society Ltd, London registered.
By 18.8.1920: Returned to The Admiralty, London.
12.1920: Allocated to the Minesweepers’ Cooperative Trawling Society Ltd, London.
01.1922: Scheme abandoned, the necessary working capital of £100,000 having not been subscribed. Laid up.
7.1922: Sold to Pickering & Haldane’s Steam Trawling Co Ltd, Hull.
2.8.1922: London registry closed.
4.8.1922: Registered at Hull (H662). John McCann & Edward Cartwright appointed managers.
21.8.1922: Registered at Hull as LORD ANCASTER (H662).
10.7.1929: Albert Turgoose & James Clark appointed managers.
1.4.1935: Disabled with broken rudder stock 10 miles E of North Ronaldsay, Orkney Islands. Steam trawler CAVENDISH (H909) stood by but tow requested, connected and towed to safety.
12.7.1935: Sold to J. Marr & Son Ltd, Fleetwood for the sum of £4,500. Geoffrey Edwards Marr, Cleveleys appointed manager.
4.11.1935: Registered at Hull as WESTCOATES (H662) (BoT Minute RG.1334/35). To fish out of Hull, City Steam Trawling Co Ltd managing agents.
25.8.1938: Sold to Fishing Vessel Brokers Ltd, Hull (Jon Oddson manager).
20.3.1939: Sold to Loch Fishing Co Ltd, Hull.
5.4.1939: Registered at Hull as LOCH MOIDART (H662) (BoT Minute RG.1149/39). Harry Wright appointed manager.
22.5.1940: Sailed for Iceland (Sk.John Edward Searby), last trip before requisitioning.
7.6.1940: At Hull landed 1704 kits, £2,606 gross.
8.6.1940: Requisitioned for war service employed on auxiliary patrol (P/No.4.229) (Hire rate £97.16.0d/month).
10.1941: Fitted out as a minesweeper. Based Grimsby with MS. Group 34.
1945: Deployed with MS Group 179.
14.1.1946: Sold to A. & M. Smith Ltd, Aberdeen
18.1.1946: Laid up.
31.1.1946: Returned to owner. Henry Wright appointed manager.
17.7.1946: Sailed Hull for Faroe grounds (Sk. Sidney John Smith) first trip after refit at Hull.
2.8.1946: At Hull landed 960 kits, £2,606 gross.
3.3.1948: Sold to Henry John Richards (64/64), Milford Haven. Henry John Richards designated managing owner.
5.4.1948: Sailed for Iceland (Sk.James William High) last trip from Hull.
26.4.1948: At Hull landed 1,678 kits,£4,679 gross.
10.5.1948: Hull registry closed.
15.5.1948: Registered at Milford (M294).
7.6.1948: Sold to Goodleigh Fisheries Ltd (64/64), Milford Haven.
7.7.1948: Registered at Milford as GOODLEIGH (M294). Henry John Richards appointed manager.
21.7.1948: First landing at Milford (Sk. Robert George Marr).
22.3.1949: Last landing at Milford, transferred to fish out of Hull. Eton Fishing Co Ltd managing agents.
31.3.1949: Sailed for Iceland (Sk. Arthur Duffield) first trip from Hull.
22.4.1949: At Hull landed 575 kits, £1,995 gross.
6.7.1950: Sailed for Iceland (Sk. R. Hume) last trip for Milford owner.
24.7.1950: At Hull landed 1283 kits, £2,705 gross. Laid up for sale.
8.1950: Sold to Associated Fisheries Trawling Co Ltd, Hull for the sum of £16,000. Bought by Hull trawler owners for use under the Hull trawler fleet layup scheme.
08.08.1950: Milford registry closed. 10.08.1950: Registered at Hull as (H134). Thomas Wilson Boyd appointed manager.
27.9.1950: Laid up.
15.11.1950: Registered at Hull as LORD LYNWOOD (H134).
1952: Laid up pending survey.
2.10.1952: Sold to BISCO for the sum of £2,650 and allocated to Clayton & Davie Ltd, Dunston-on-Tyne for breaking up.
14.10.1952: Arrived River Tyne.
6.3.1953: Hull registry closed.
08/06/2010: Page published. 4 updates since then.
29/01/2016: Significant information update.