S.D/T. Lord Anson LT344
Official Number: 149201
Yard Number: 1008
Gross Tonnage: 99
Net Tonnage: 42
Length: 88.3 ft
Breadth: 19.1 ft
Depth: 9 ft
Engine: T.3-cyl by Pertwee & Back, Gt Yarmouth
Built: Cochrane & Sons Ltd, Selby
30.6.1927: Launched by Cochrane & Sons Ltd, Selby (Yd.No.1008) for Lowestoft Steam Herring Drifters Co Ltd, Lowestoft as LORD ANSON.
28.7.1927: Completed (Harold B. Jackson, manager).
21.9.1927: Registered at Lowestoft (LT344).
26.9.1927: Re measured 100g.
1930s: Seasonal white fish trawling from Fleetwood (New Docks Steam Trawling Co (Fleetwood) Ltd, managing agents).
30.8.1939: Requisitioned for war service under Naval Control (Hire rate £48.2.6d/month).
21.9.1943: Sold to Saint Andrew’s Steam Fishing Co Ltd, Hull (Basil A. Parkes, Cleveleys, manager) when Basil Parkes bought most of Lowestoft Steam Herring Drifters Co Ltd better vessels.
2.1946: Sold to J. C. Llewellin (Trawlers) Ltd, Milford Haven.
16.2.1946: Returned to owner.
3.1948: Sold to William Picton, Milford Haven (Harry G. Bricknell & Sons, managers).
4.1956: Sold to Metal Industries (Salvage) Ltd, Faslane (James Lightbody, manager). Lowestoft registry closed. Registered at Glasgow and used as a tug at Faslane.
1960: Sold to BISCO and allocated to W. H. Arnott Young & Co Ltd, Dalmuir for breaking up.
7.11.1960: Delivered Dalmuir.
Click to enlarge image