Additional material courtesy of Bill Blow.
Official Number: 106684
Yard Number: 125
Gross Tonnage: 163
Net Tonnage: 63
Length: 104.2 ft
Breadth: 20.5 ft
Depth: 10.7 ft
Built: by Mackie & Thomson, Govan, Glasgow
Engine: 250ihp T.3-cyl and boiler by Muir & Houston Ltd, Glasgow
2.11.1896: Launched by Mackie & Thomson, Govan, Glasgow (Yd.No.125) for Hagerup, Doughty & Co Ltd (64/64), Grimsby as EASTBOURNE.
2.12.1896: Registered at Grimsby (GY155).
21.12.1896: Fred Hagerup appointed manager.
21.12.1896: Vessel mortgaged (64/64) to The Law Guarantee Trust & Accident Society Ltd, London for account current and interest (A).
24.6.1898: Mortgaged to The Law Guarantee Trust & Accident Society Ltd, London on account current with interest at 5% (B).
8.10.1903: When some 3 miles ENE of Spurn Light Vessel in calm conditions, in collision with steam trawler REX (GY394) which subsequently foundered. All nine crew picked up.
1.3.1906: Sold to Consolidated Steam Fishing & Ice Co (Grimsby) Ltd, Grimsby on formation of the company. John D. Marsden designated manager.
2.3.1906: Vessel mortgaged (64/64) to The Law Guarantee Trust & Accident Society Ltd, London on account current with interest at 41/2% (C).
9.3.1906: John D. Marsden appointed manager.
1910: The Law Guarantee Trust & Accident Society Ltd, London in liquidation following takeover by Ocean Accident & Guarantee Corporation Ltd, London which in turn was taken over by Commercial Union Assurance Co Ltd, London.
1.1.1914: Tonnage altered to 68.90 net under provision of Merchant Shipping Act 1907.
11.8.1915: Mortgages (A) & (B) discharged.
20.2.1916: Mortgage (C) discharged.
5.12.1916: Sold to Edward Walmsley, Preston & Ernest Taylor, Fleetwood (64/64 joint owners).
6.12.1916: Ernest Taylor appointed manager.
29.12.1916: Vessel mortgaged (64/64) to The London City & Midland Bank Ltd, London (D).
21.8.1918: Mortgage (D) discharged.
2.9.1918: Sold to Ernest Taylor & Noah Ashworth, Fleetwood (Joint owners 64/64).
9.9.1918: Vessel mortgaged (64/64) to The London City & Midland Bank Ltd, London (E).
29.5.1917: Requisitioned for Fishery Reserve.
11.9.1918: Joseph A. Taylor appointed manager.
18.7.1919: Grimsby registry closed.
20.7.1919: Registered at Fleetwood (FD331).
23.6.1924: Sold to Harold E. Moran, Brixham (managing owner).
8.12.1935: Sold to John Chant, Plymstock, Marmaduke Chant & Thomas C. Foster, Plymouth (John Chant managing owner).
14.5.1936: Sold to Plymouth Trawlers Ltd, Plymouth (John Chant, Plymstock, manager).
24.5.1937: Fleetwood registry closed on advise received from owners “Sale of vessel to foreigners (Dutch subjects) for breaking up”.
Click to enlarge images
19/12/2008: Page published. 7 updates since then.
19/06/2017: Removed FMHT watermarks and repaired broken image links.
10/05/2020: Updated information.