Official Number: 106764
Yard Number: 156
Gross Tonnage: 165
Net Tonnage: 64
Length: 104.2 ft
Breadth: 21 ft
Depth: 10.7 ft
Engine: T.3-cyl by Muir & Houston Ltd, Glasgow
Built: Mackie & Thomson, Govan, Glasgow
16.6.1897: Launched by Mackie & Thomson, Govan (Yd. No.156) for The Great Northern Steamship Fishing Co Ltd, Hull as EDDYSTONE.
8.1897: Completed (William R. Nowell, manager).
10.8.1897: Registered at Hull (H368).
14.10.1899: On a North Sea trip picked up twelve crew of herring lugger THOR abandoned.
1.1.1900: In dense fog off the Humber, in collision with Swedish steamer BALTZAR von PLATEN (713grt/1872). Sustained damage to stem and bow plating and flooded forepeak, run ashore at Spurn Point. Refloated, repaired and returned to service. Subsequently found to be at fault.
1914: Sold to Charles Curzon, Milford Haven.
31.1.1917: Sold to Ernest Taylor, Thornton (managing owner).
29.5.1917: Requisitioned for Fishery Reserve.
5.1920: Sold to Arthur Jonckheere, Fleetwood (Joseph A. Taylor, manager).
3.5.1920: Hull registry closed.
7.5.1920: Registered at Fleetwood (FD372).
14.5.1924: Sold to Sk. Alexander King (Cert.No.12767), Aberdeen (William Morley, manager).
1.9.1925: Sold to George Jackson Ward, Lytham (William Morley, manager).
7.1928: Sold to N.V. Vissch. Mij. Riew., Ymuiden (Erenst & Weimar, managers).
8.8.1928: Fleetwood registry closed.
8.1928: Renamed VOORWAARTS (IJM83).
1938: F. J. Erenst appointed manager.
1939: Sold for breaking up.
Click to enlarge image
19/12/2008: Page published. 5 updates since then.