Additional information courtesy of Birgir Þórisson
Official Number: 98728
Yard Number: 43
Gross Tonnage: 157.69
Net Tonnage: 60.38
Length: 104 ft
Breadth: 21 ft
Depth: 11 ft
Built: Cochrane, Cooper & Schofield, Beverley
Engine: T.3-cyl and boiler by Charles D. Holmes & Co Ltd, Hull
14.2.1891: Launched by Cochrane, Cooper & Schofield, Beverley (Yd.No.43) for William R. Leyman (64/64), Hull as GOLDEN HOPE.
19.3.1891: Registered at Hull (H131). William R. Leyman designated managing owner.
14.1.1901: Sold to Charles Henry Double (64/64), Hull. Vessel mortgaged (64/64) to Hall, Leyman & Co Ltd, Hull for £2,000 @ 5% interest (A).
17.2.1903: Hull registry closed.
18.2.1903: Registered at Fleetwood (FD205). Charles H. Double designated managing owner.
16.11.1906: Sold by order of the mortgagee under mortgage (A) to George William Stennett & Fred Forge, Fleetwood (joint owners 64/64).
20.11.1906: George W. Stennett designated managing owner.
20.11.1906: Vessel mortgaged (64/64) to George William Ellis, Grimsby for £1,200 @ 5% interest (B).
4.5.1908: Mortgage (B) discharged.
5.1908: Sold Gustav Emil Forum, Esbjerg, Denmark.
7.5.1908: Fleetwood registry closed.
5.1908: Registered at Esbjerg as OLGA (E154). Fishing out of Fleetwood.
29.4.1908: Out of Fleetwood in SW fresh breeze. Trawling WSW at about 5 knots with lights burning, a steamer was seen a little to port running NNE. Rudder was ported and whistle sounded once but slow to turn hampered by the trawl. The steamer which proved to be the Glasgow registered CLAN MACAULEY (2834grt/1899) also took evasive action but struck the trawler a glancing blow twisting the stem. The steamer hove to and offered assistance but as the damage was above the water line this was declined and both vessels proceeded. There was no explanation for the incident.
1910: Sold to J. Marr & Son Ltd (64/64), Fleetwood.
22.2.1910: Registered at Fleetwood as TORS (FD114). James Alexander Robertson designated manager.
1910: Sold to Charles Hall (64/64), Cleadon, Co. Durham.
29.4.1911: Fleetwood registry closed.
1911: Registered at Hartlepool (HL59). Charles Hall Jnr designated manager.
7.1915: Sold to H. Woods (64/64), Grimsby.
7.1915: Hartlepool registry closed.
17.7.1915: Registered at Grimsby (GY555). H. Woods designated managing owner.
30.7.1915: Mined 43 miles east of Spurn Point. Eight crew lost.
9.8.1915: Grimsby registry closed “Sunk by a mine”.
*Crew lost: C. Dix, J. Jaskin, W. Elliott, T. Mountain, D. Hubbard, H. Dyson, C. Faley, J. Harboard.
21/12/2008: Page published. 3 updates since then.
02/12/2020: Updated history.