Tag Archives: Double

S.T. Albany FD82

Technical

Official Number: 124682
Yard Number: 118
Completed: 1906
Gross Tonnage: 215
Net Tonnage: 60
Length: 120 ft
Breadth: 21.6 ft
Depth: 11.6 ft
Engine: T.3-cyl by Gauldie, Gillespie & Co, Glasgow
Boiler: A. & W. Daglish, Pollockshaws, Glasgow
Built: Scott & Sons Ltd, Bowling

History

9.10.1906: Launched by Scott & Sons Ltd, Bowling (Yd.No.118) for the Double Steam Fishing Co Ltd, Fleetwood as ALBANY.
20.11.1906: Completed.
20.11.1906: Mortgaged to Manchester & County Bank Ltd, Manchester (A).
20.11.1906: Registered at Fleetwood (FD82), Harry Melling, Preston appointed manager.
25.2.1907: Company title changed to The Lune Steam Fishing Co Ltd, Fleetwood (Harry Melling, Preston, manager).
26.5.1908: William Leadbetter, Fleetwood appointed manager.
28.12.1908: Homeward from the fishing grounds (Sk.Courtney). Caught in blizzard off Kintyre Peninsula. Driven ashore at Westport, Kintyre grounding 150 yds from shore at Tangytavil, north of Machrahanish; skipper attempted to swim ashore with line but had to be hauled back. Crew of eight eventually floated lifebuoy and rescued by shore party after two days aground. “Vessel has become a total wreck”.
29.3.1909: Fleetwood registry closed. (Small amount of wreckage still on site in 3-10m, including boiler).

Click to enlarge image

S.T. Albany FD82

S.T. Albany FD82
Picture courtesy of Donald Kelly

Changelog
10/01/2009: Page published. 3 updates since then.

S.T. Golden Hope FD205

Technical

Official Number: 98728
Yard Number: 43
Completed: 1891
Gross Tonnage: 158
Net Tonnage: 60
Length: 104 ft
Breadth: 21 ft
Depth: 11 ft
Engine: T.3-cyl and boiler by Charles D. Holmes & Co Ltd, Hull
Built: Cochrane, Cooper & Schofield, Beverley

History

14.2.1891: Launched by Cochrane, Cooper & Schofield, Beverley (Yd.No.43) for William R. Leyman, Hull (managing owner) as GOLDEN HOPE.
19.3.1891: Registered at Hull (H131).
14.3.1891: Completed.
14.1.1901: Sold to Charles Henry Double, Hull. Mortgaged to Hall. Leyman & Co Ltd, Hull for £2000 @ 5% interest (A).
17.2.1903: Hull registry closed.
18.2.1903: Registered at Fleetwood (FD205), Charles H. Double managing owner.
16.11.1906: Mortgage (A) sold to George William Stennett & Fred Forge, Fleetwood (joint owners) (George W. Stennett, managing owner).
20.11.1906: Mortgaged (B) to George William Ellis, Grimsby for £1200 @ 5% interest (B).
4.5.1908: Mortgage (B) discharged.
5.1908: Sold Gustav Emil Forum, Esbjerg, Denmark.
7.5.1908: Fleetwood registry closed.
5.1908: Registered at Esbjerg as OLGA (GG371).
1910: Sold to J. Marr & Son Ltd, Fleetwood (James Alexander Robertson, manager).
22.2.1910: Registered at Fleetwood as TORS (FD114).
1910: Sold to Charles Hall, Cleadon, Co. Durham (Charles Hall Jnr, manager).
29.4.1911: Fleetwood registry closed.
1911: Registered at Hartlepool (HL59).
7.1915: Sold to H. Woods, Grimsby.
7.1915: Hartlepool registry closed.
17.7.1915: Registered at Grimsby (GY555).
30.7.1915: Mined 43 miles east of Spurn Point. Eight crew lost.
9.8.1915: Grimsby registry closed.

Crew lost (C. Dix, J. Jaskin, W. Elliott, T. Mountain, D. Hubbard, H. Dyson, C. Faley, J. Harboard).

Changelog
21/12/2008: Page published. 3 updates since then.

S.T. Euston FD67

Additional information courtesy of David Slinger

Technical

Official number: 122941
Yard Number: 184
Completed: 1906
Gross Tonnage: 209
Net Tonnage: 52
Length: 117.5 ft
Breadth: 21.6 ft
Depth: 11.6 ft
Built: Scott & Sons Ltd, Bowling
Engine: 66bhp T.3-cyl by Gauldie, Gillespie & Co, Glasgow
Boiler: A. & W. Dalglish, Pollockshaws,Glasgow

History

26.4.1906: Launched by Scott & Sons Ltd, Bowling (Yd.No.184) for the Double Steam Fishing Co Ltd, Fleetwood as EUSTON.
9.7.1906: Registered at Fleetwood (FD67), Charles Henry Double appointed manager.
7.1906: Completed.
25.7.1906: Vessel mortgaged (63/64) to Manchester & County Bank Ltd, Manchester at 41/2% interest (A).
30.10.1906: Harry Melling, Preston designated manager.
25.2.1907: Company title changed to The Lune Steam Fishing Co Ltd, Fleetwood. Harry Melling, Preston designated manager.
9.2.1908: William Leadbetter designated manager.
1909: Sk. R. R. Bedford.
9.2.1909: Henry Melling designated manager.
18.1.1911: Outwards for fishing grounds, took SW channel “the kneckings” and stranded off Rossall Point. Refloated and proceeded.
1.1.1914: Tonnage altered to 81.00net under provision of Merchant Shipping Act 1907.
6.1915: Requisitioned for war service as a minesweeper (1-3pdr) (Ad.No.1589).
12.2.1917: Mined off Hartlepool in position 54°40.26N /01°09.02E.
20.2.1917: Fleetwood registry closed.

Lost – Ty/Skipper William Christian; Henry M. Robson, 2nd Hand; Alexander S. Goodbrand, Petty Officer; Kenneth McKenzie & James Rose, seamen; John W. Bedson, Alexander Christie, Arthur E. Grisenthwaite & John E. Thomas, deckhands; Albert E. Carter & Samuel Riley, trimmers.

Click to enlarge image

S.T. Euston FD67

S.T. Euston FD67
Picture courtesy of The JJ Collection

Changelog
19/12/2008: Page published. 4 updates since then.
04/02/2016: Minor information update.
29/07/2020: Updated history.

S.T. Elswick FD78

Additional information courtesy of Bill Blow

Technical

Official Number: 122945
Yard Number: 187
Completed: 1906
Gross Tonnage: 215
Net Tonnage: 59
Length: 120.2 ft
Breadth: 21.6 ft
Depth: 11.6 ft
Engine: 380ihp T.3-cyl by Gouldie, Gillespie & Co, Glasgow
Boiler: A. & W. Dalglish, Pollockshaws, Glasgow
Built: Scott & Sons Ltd, Bowling

History

24.5.1906: Launched by Scott & Sons Ltd, Bowling (Yd.No.187) for Double Steam Fishing Co Ltd, Fleetwood as ELSWICK.
3.9.1906: Mortgaged to The Manchester & County Bank Ltd, Manchester (A).
10.9.1906: Registered at Fleetwood (FD78), Charles Henry Double appointed manager.
9.1906: Completed.
30.10.1906: Harry Melling, Preston appointed manager.
25.2.1907: Company title changed to The Lune Steam Fishing Co Ltd, Fleetwood (Henry Melling, Preston, managers).
26.5.1908: Henry Leadbetter appointed manager.
9.2.1909: Henry Melling appointed manager.
24.9.1912: Mortgage (A) discharged.
1.1.1914: Tonnage altered to 83.09 net under provision of Merchant Shipping Act 1907.
7.1915: Requisitioned for war service as a minesweeper (1-6pdr) (Ad.No.1535).
22.2.1918: Mortgaged to The Manchester & County Bank Ltd, Manchester (B).
30.11.1918: Mortgage (B) discharged.
1.12.1918: Sold to William Would (64/64), Grimsby.
6.12.1918: William Would appointed managing owner.
14.12.1918: Fleetwood registry closed.
19.12.1918: Registered at Grimsby (GY1264).
1919: Returned to owner.
1.4.1920: Sold to Woodbury Steam Fishing Co Ltd (64/64), Grimsby.
1.4.1920: Vessel mortgaged (64/64) to William Would for the sum of £10,250 at 5% interest (C).
10.4.1920: Harold Arthur Jeffries appointed manager.
16.11.1920: Mortgage transferred to London Joint City & Midland Bank Ltd, London.
14.8.1922: Mortgage (C) discharged.
14.8.1922: Sold to William Would (64/64), Grimsby.
14.8.1922: Vessel mortgaged (64/64) to London Joint City & Midland Bank Ltd, London (E).
6.9.1922: William Would appointed manager.
19.11.1923: Reported that when hauling in the North Sea, three men were dragged overboard, two were recovered but Richard Heath, Grimsby was drowned.
27.11.1923: Mortgagee restyled to Midland Bank Ltd.
20.2.1925: Sold by order of the mortgagee under mortgage (E) to Thomas Thoburn Irvin (64/64), Aberdeen.
3.4.1925: Thomas Thorburn Irvin appointed manager.
4.4.1925: Grimsby registry closed.
6.4.1925: Registered at Aberdeen (A97).
3.1.1930: At Aberdeen Sheriff Court, Sk. William Drever was fined £60 for fishing within the Moray Firth limits and £40 for failing to carry or show the regulation lights.
22.7.1931: Sold to Mrs Ethel Irvin (64/64), Aberdeen (Thomas T. Irvin, manager).
20.1.1942: Stranded near Peterhead. Sold for breaking up.
8.1.1947: Aberdeen registry closed “… sold for breaking up”.

Click to enlarge image

S.T. Elswick FD78

S.T. Elswick FD78
Picture from the Internet

Changelog

19/12/2008: Page published. 5 updates since then.
01/05/2018: Image added.
23/06/2020: Updated information.