Official Number: 145821
Yard Number: 956
Gross Tonnage: 92
Net Tonnage: 41
Length: 85.2 ft
Breadth: 18.6 ft
Depth: 9 ft
Built: Cochrane & Sons Ltd, Selby
Engine: T.3-cyl by Crabtree & Co Ltd, Gt. Yarmouth
14.3.1925: Launched by Cochrane & Sons Ltd, Selby (Yd.No.956 ) for Lowestoft Steam Herring Drifters Ltd, Lowestoft as LORD HOOD.
5.1925: Completed (Harold B. Jackson, manager).
27.5.1925: Registered at Lowestoft (LT215).
15.11.1939: Requisitioned for war service as a minesweeper (P.No.FY.930) (Hire rate £40.9.7d/month).
30.5.1940: Sailed Yarmouth with twelve other drifters for Ramsgate.
31.5.1940: Sailed Ramsgate for Dunkirk (Operation Dynamo). At about 7.00 p.m. attacked by German bombers and severely damaged. Abandoned but later towed back to Ramsgate. Repaired and returned to service.
21.9.1943: Sold to Saint Andrew’s Steam Fishing Co Ltd, Hull (B. A. Parkes, Cleveleys, manager) ) when Basil Parkes bought most of Lowestoft Steam Herring Drifters Ltd better vessels.
8.1945: Returned to owner (Maj. A. W. Suddaby MBE, Gorleston, manager).
1946: Leased to Poland under U.N.R.& R. Scheme. (“Dalmor” Przedsiobiorstwo Polowow Dalekomorskich Sp.z.ogr.odn, Gdynia). Registered at Gdynia as ANTONIUSZ (GDY108). Trawling from Gt. Yarmouth with local skippers.
1.6.1949: Sold to Arthur W. Eastoe, Ronald C. Cook & Richard H. Colby, Lowestoft and John Odde, East Molesey. Mortgaged to National Westminster Bank Ltd, London (A).
2.6.1949: Registered at Lowestoft as LORD HOOD (LT20).
11.8.1949: Gdynia registry closed.
16.1.1952: Mortgage (A) discharged.
8.2.1952: Sold to Arthur Suddaby, Gorleston (8/64); Fred Williams, Thornton (8/64); Charles L. Wilbraham, Carlton (8/64); Arthur John Lewis, Fleetwood (8/64); Basil A Parkes, North Ferriby (16/64) & Fred Parkes, Blackpool (16/64).
1952: Won Prunier Trophy (Sk. Ernest Thompson) with a landing of 3143/4 crans of herring (Hauled for 15 hours and 22 hours at 2 knots to steam home).
15.2.1954: Sold to Pegasus Trawling Co Ltd, Fleetwood (Basil A. Parkes, North Ferriby, manager).
3.4.1956: Sold to Ribble Trawlers Ltd, Fleetwood (Basil A. Parkes, North Ferriby, manager).
5.1959: Sold to Northern Shipbreakers Ltd, Peterhead for use as a salvage vessel.
26.2.1960: Lowestoft registry closed.
1960: Stripped of all useable parts and non-ferrous metals.
1960: Sold to BISCO (£700) and allocated to Shipbreaking Industries Ltd for breaking up at Charlestown, Fife (Contract No.74E).
9.8.1960: Delivered Charlestown from Peterhead in tow of Viking Freedom (A585) (also for breaking up).
7.1.1961: Breaking up commenced.
Click to enlarge images
19/01/2009: Page published. 4 updates since then.
01/02/2015: Picture added.
16/07/2016: Picture added.
11/04/2017: Removed FMHT watermark.