Official Number: 128748
Yard Number: 400
Gross Tonnage: 219
Net Tonnage: 85
Length: 117.4 ft
Breadth: 21.6 ft
Depth: 11.8 ft
Built: Smith’s Dock Co Ltd, North Shields
Engine: T.3-cyl by Shields Engineering Co Ltd, North Shields
7.1.1909: Launched by Smith’s Dock Co Ltd, North Shields (Yd.No.400 ) for Thomas G. Hancock, Hakin & John D. Harries, Milford Haven as SOLVA.
2.1909: Completed (Thomas G. Hancock managing owner).
23.2.1909: Registered at Milford (M22).
24.12.1912: Off St. Ann’s Head (Sk.Robert M. Limbrick) in gale force winds shipped heavy sea and carried away boat.
4.10.1913: At Castletown, Berehaven, Co Cork landed Ch. Eng Albert Mathias who had sustained a fractured skull and broken jaw when caught by the main engine.
3.1914: Sold to Charles Hudson, Fleetwood. Charles Hudson designated managing owner.
4.5.1914: Hudson Fishing Co Ltd, Fleetwood registered. Sold to Hudson Fishing Co Ltd, Fleetwood.
23.5.1914: Milford registry closed.
25.5.1914: Registered at Fleetwood (FD32). Charles Hudson designated manager.
25.6.1914: Registered at Fleetwood as AGNES WICKFIELD (FD32).
8.1914: Requisitioned for war service.
11.8.1914: Sailed Fleetwood for Devonport.
14.8.1914: Arrived Devonport for fitting out with 1-3pdr and mine-sweep (Ad.No.125).
10.2.1915: Allocated Half Leader Unit No.121 – Section C ‘Trawler Sweepers’ based Devonport (Lieut. E. Davis RNR).
1.1916: Remains Half Leader with Unit No.121 – Section C ‘Trawler Sweepers’ based Devonport (Lieut. H. Jarratt RNR).
10.1916: Remains with Unit No.121 ‘Trawler Sweepers’ based Devonport (Lieut. E. Davis RNR).
13.4.1918: Sold to New Docks Steam Trawling Co (Fleetwood) Ltd, Fleetwood. Joseph A. Taylor designated manager.
By 12.3.1919: Returned to owner at Fletwood.
1924: William W. Brierley designated manager.
1938: Sold to The Clifton Steam Trawlers Ltd, Fleetwood. William Brierley designated manager.
11.1939: Requisitioned for war service as a minesweeper (P.No.FY.727) (Hire rate £54.15.0d/month).
12.1945: Returned to owner.
27.9.1949: One of five trawlers that went aground in the Wyre Channel in thick fog when outward for the fishing grounds. Refloated next tide and proceeded.
8.10.1949: Landed 300 kits, £1,230 gross.
11.1952: Sold to BISCO and allocated to Thos. W. Ward Ltd, Sheffield for breaking up.
2.12.1952: Arrived at Preston.
1953: Fleetwood registry closed.
Click to enlarge images
09/01/2009: Page published. 4 updates since then.
10/11/2017: Removed FMHT watermark and added an image.
09/10/2020: Updated information.