Official Number: 121607
Yard Number: 790
Gross Tonnage: 220
Net Tonnage: 105
Length: 120.7 ft
Breadth: 21.6 ft
Depth: 11.3 ft
Engine: T.3-cyl by W. V. V. Lidgerwood, Coatbridge
Built: Smith’s Dock Co. Ltd, North Shields
8.3.1906: Launched by Smith’s Dock Co Ltd, North Shields (Yd.No.790) for Cornelius C. Morley, Hakin & Sidney M. Price, Milford Haven as ESSEX.
11.4.1906: Registered at Milford (M193). Cornelius C. Morley designated managing owner.
27.7.1906: Off Lundy conducted successful trials with new propeller designed by William Miller Walters, Liverpool (patented 866544 dated 17.9.1907).
29.12.1907: Coming up Haven (Sk.Richard Bird) ran down Guernsey schooner CAMELIA (68765)(97n/1873), master (James W. Leathlean) missing, crew picked up and landed at Milford.
30.12.1908: Body of James Leathlean recovered at Angle.
2.6.1908: At Board of Trade Inquiry at Swansea Sk. Richard Bird was severely censured for his want of care in the time taken to pick up survivors.
11.1912: Transferred to Fleetwood. Messrs Morley & Price designated managers.
12.12.1912: Working Donegal Bay grounds (Sk. P. Leary). Anchored in Culmore Bay, Co Londonderry to repair steam joints. Tested engine and sheered and grounded. Refloated on the flood and proceeded to Londonderry for further repair
4.3.1913: Sheltering in Ramsey Bay (Sk. William Rayworth), deckhand T. F. Chard (18) of Fleetwood, damaged thumb in WC door.
8.1914: Requisitioned for war service as a minesweeper (1-6pdr HA) (Ad.No.142).
1914: Based Portsmouth.
2.1915: Renamed ESSEX II.
Post 12.3.1919: Returned to owner at Milford Haven and reverted to ESSEX (M193).
15.8.1919: Sold to Messrs William Wolfe, William Gordon Tonner & Alfred James Stevens, Milford Haven (trading as Essex Steam Trawling Co Ltd, Milford Haven). William Wolfe designated managing owner.
13.4.1920: Sold to Essex Steam Trawling Co Ltd, Milford Haven. William Wolfe designated manager.
1924: Company in liquidation.
1925: Sold to A. S. de Parasulo, Spain (no port of registry recorded).
17.1.1925: Milford registry closed.
1930: (No port of registry recorded).
1930: Sold to Pesquerias Pasaitarras S.C., San Sebastian. Registered at San Sebastian as MARIA LUISA.
Post 1945 Pre1949: Sold to José Romero Nuñez, San Sebastian.
Click to enlarge image
22/01/2009: Page published. 3 updates since then.
23/01/2018: Removed FMHT watermark from image.
18/07/2020: Information updated.