Official Number: 139212
Yard Number: 635
Gross Tonnage: 274.76
Net Tonnage: 107.61
Length: 125.4 ft
Breadth: 23.4 ft
Depth: 12.8 ft
Built: Smith’s Dock Co Ltd, South Bank-on-Tees, Middlesbrough
Engine: T.3-cyl by Smith’s Dock Co Ltd, Middlesbrough
19.4.1916: Launched by Smith’s Dock Co Ltd, South Bank-on-Tees, Middlesbrough (Yd.No.635) for The “Wyre” Steam Trawling Co Ltd, Fleetwood as FOSS.
17.5.1916: Registered at Fleetwood (FD243).
5.1916: Completed (Magnus B. J. Wedum, manager). Requisitioned from the builders for war service (Ad.No.3278). Commissioned. Fitted with Hotchkiss 1-12pdr, W/T (Call sign XPA) and modified mine-sweep. Fitted out as Leader.
By 10.1916: Allocated to Unit No.85 – 3rd Division based St. Mary’s, Scilly Islands (Sub Lieut. F.A. Orriss RNR).
1.10.1918: At Isles of Scilly for General Patrol and Escort work (Lieut. RNR).
12.3.1919: Returned to owner at Fleetwood.
10.1928: Fitted with W/T.
3.1.1940: Requisitioned for war service as a boom defence vessel (P.No.Z.144) (Hire rate £77.18.4d/month).
1943: Sold to Northern Trawlers Ltd, London (W. A. Bennett, manager).
23.11.1943: Compulsorily acquired by M.O.W.T.
1944: Based at Fort William (D. MacBrayne Ltd, Glasgow, agents).
7.1946: Sold to Westburn (Fishing) Ltd, Aberdeen (George Murray, manager). Fleetwood registry closed. Registered at Aberdeen (A269).
12.1956: Sold for breaking up. Aberdeen registry closed.
Click to enlarge image
26/01/2009: Page published.3 updates since then.
28/05/2017: Removed FMHT watermarks and added an image.
15/08/2019: Updated information.
04/11/2019: Added an image.
11/10/2020: Updated history.