Official Number: 145859
Yard Number: 555
Gross tonnage: 96
Net tonnage: 38
Length: 86.2 ft
Breadth: 18.5 ft
Depth: 9.25 ft
Engine: T.3-cyl and boiler by A. Hall & Co Ltd, Aberdeen
Built: A. Hall & Co Ltd, Aberdeen
1918: Launched by A. Hall & Co Ltd, Aberdeen (Yd.No.555) (“Admiralty drifter”) for The Admiralty as FROTH (Ad.No.3978).
25.10.1918: Completed as a minesweeper.
1920: Transferred to Board of Agriculture & Fisheries, London for disposal.
1921: Sold to Herbert Pritchard, Liverpool. Registered at Liverpool as FLORENCE PRITCHARD (LL120).
1923: Sold to T. W. Dixon, Whitehaven.
1923: Sold to George Rogers, Douglas, IoM (managing owner). Liverpool registry closed. Registered at Douglas as MANX PRINCESS (DO91).
1932: Sold to John Murray, Buckie, E. Murray, Findochty & J. R. E. Logie, Buckie (John Murray, managing owner). Registered at Buckie (BCK118).
1933: Douglas registry closed. Registered at Buckie as EUNICE AND NELLIE (BCK118).
1935-39: Trawling from Fleetwood (Alex Keay, managing agent).
5.12.1939: Requisitioned for war service as a minesweeper (P.No.FY1543) (Hire rate £32.16.0d/month).
3.1943: Employed on miscellaneous Naval duties (TRV).
11.1944: Returned to owner.
1946: Sold to Alexander Reid, Dorothea Thomson & Others, Peterhead. Buckie registry closed. Registered at Peterhead (PD309).
1947: Sold to Drifters (Peterhead) Ltd, Peterhead (G. G. Strachan & Others & Caledonian Fishselling Co Ltd)(R. Foreman, manager).
1954 (17.12.1952): Sold for breaking up.
Click to enlarge images
26/01/2009: Page published. 3 updates since then.
18/02/2018: Removed FMHT watermarks from images.