S.T. Ida Adams FD327
Official Number: 121615
Yard Number: 397
Gross Tonnage: 275
Net Tonnage: 104
Length: 125 ft
Breadth: 22.5 ft
Depth: 11.9 ft
Engine: 83 hp T.3-cyl and boiler by Amos & Smith, Hull
Built: Cochrane & Sons Ltd, Selby
19.12.1906: Launched by Cochrane & Sons Ltd, Selby (Yd.No.397) for Robert Cole , Erel E. Carter & Bernard H. Galvin, Milford Haven as RUBY.
16.3.1907: Registered at Milford (M204).
26.3.1907: Completed (Erel E. Carter, managing owner).
18.10.1907: In heavy seas about 240 miles W from St. Ann’s Head, lost boat and sustained other minor damage (Sk. B.H. Galvin).
17.2.1910: Sold to Robert Cole, Erel E. Carter, Milford Haven & David G. Jones,Pembroke Dock (David G. Jones, managing owner).
12.10.1911: Sold to David G. Jones, Pembroke Dock & Robert Cole, Milford Haven (David G. Jones, managing owner).
10.3.1912: Fishing 250 miles WbyS from St. Ann’s Head (Sk. George Owston), came fast and damaged large and small pinion wheels of winch.
4.1914: Sold to John E. Rushworth, Grimsby & Herbert Lee, Wimbledon.
6.4.1914: Milford registry closed.
8.4.1914: Registered at Grimsby (GY58).
8.5.1914: Registered at Grimsby as IDA ADAMS (GY58).
8.1914: Requisitioned for war service as a minesweeper (1-4”, 1-7.5” A/S Howitzer) (Ad.No.252).
2.1916: Sold to The Rushworth Steam Fishing Co Ltd, Grimsby (John E. Rushworth, manager).
22.7.1917: Sold to Noah Ashworth & Ernest Tomlinson, Fleetwood. Based Peterhead.
By 12.3.1919: Returned to owner at Fleetwood (Joseph A. Taylor, manager).
18.7.1919: Grimsby registry closed.
20.7.1919: Registered at Fleetwood (FD327).
2.9.1920: Sold to Vulcan Steam Trawlers Ltd, Fleetwood (Joseph A. Taylor, manager).
1924: William W. Brierley appointed manager.
23.3.1925: Sold to Ernest Noble, Rossall (managing owner).
1926: Sold to Fleetwood Fish Selling Co Ltd, Fleetwood (Ernest Noble, Rossall, manager).
18.9.1930: Fishing 9 miles S from Barra Head, on hauling warps fouled and fractured lower part of stern casting at rudder pintle. Put into Oban for repair.
21.11.1930: Left Oban but later in thick fog ran aground on Frenchman’s Rock, north west of Portnahaven, Rinns of Islay. Despite crew efforts vessel flooded and was abandoned, subsequently sinking after slipping off rocks.
28.11.1930: Fleetwood registry closed “Total Loss”.
Click to enlarge image