S.T. Wardour FD146
Boiler information courtesy of Jim Murphy
Official Number: 132278
Yard Number: 227
Gross Tonnage: 335
Net Tonnage: 136
Length: 140 ft
Breadth: 23.7 ft
Depth: 12.4 ft
Engine: 86NHP T.3-cyl C. D. Holmes & Co Ltd, Hull
Built: Cook Welton & Gemmell Ltd, Beverley
8.9.1911: Launched by Cook, Welton & Gemmell Ltd, Beverley (Yd.No.227) for Thomas Hamling & Co Ltd, Hull (Harold Hall, manager) as SAINT MALO (H371).
4.1915: Requisitioned for war service.
16.4.1915: Commissioned as an armed trawler (1-12pdr) (Ad. No.1375).
6.12.1918: Sold to St. Malo Steam Fishing Co Ltd, Grimsby.
9.1919: Hull registry closed.
18.9.1919: Registered at Grimsby (GY523) (G. W. Jeffs, manager).
3.1930: Sold to Walter Garrett, Grimsby. Renamed CARFAX (GY523).
8.1932: Sold to Edward C. Grant, Grimsby.
9.1932: Renamed WARDOUR (GY523).
10.1935: Sold to The Clan Steam Fishing Co (Grimsby) Ltd, Grimsby (Edward C. Grant, manager). 28.8.1939: Requisitioned for war service as a minesweeper (P. No.FY581)(Hire rate £83.15.0d/month).
12.1946: Transferred to Fleetwood (J. N. Ward & Son Ltd, managers).
12.1951: Sold to Fern Leaf Co Ltd, Fleetwood.
4.1953: Grimsby registry closed.
4.1953: Registered at Fleetwood (FD146).
1954: Sold to Haulbowline Industries Ltd, Passage West, Co. Cork for breaking up.
29.7.1954: Delivered Passage West from Fleetwood under own power.
Note: Haulbowline Industries Ltd decided to resell the boiler which was
otherwise in good condition.
After retubing the boiler was re-tested by an insurance company
and passed the pressure test. The boiler was subsequently sold to the
Cork Harbour Commissioners who installed it on their dredger
the “OWENACURRA” and it lasted for many years.