Additional material courtesy of Barry Banham
Official Number: 149250
Yard Number: 1102
Gross Tonnage: 117
Net Tonnage: 53
Length: 94.0 ft
Breadth: 20.0 ft
Depth: 9.5 ft
Engine: T.3-cyl by Elliott & Garrood Ltd, Beccles
Built: Cochrane & Sons Ltd, Selby
20.12.1930: Launched by Cochrane & Sons Ltd, Selby (Yd.No.1102) for Frederick Ernest Catchpole (managing owner), Lowestoft as QUIET WATERS.
21.3.1931: Registered at Lowestoft (LT201).
1930s: Seasonal trawling from Padstow, Milford and Fleetwood (Lowestoft Fish Selling Co Ltd, Lowestoft, managing agents).
15.10.1939: At Lowestoft landed 215 crans of herring.
28.9.1932: At Grimsby damaged propeller.
28.9.1932: Connected to PEACEFUL STAR(LT90) disabled with fouled propeller and delivered her to Calais.
3.9.1939: Requisitioned for war service on contraband control/auxiliary patrol (P.No.FY1776) (Hire rate £69.3.6d/month).
3.1944: Employed on miscellaneous Naval duties.
9.2.1946: Returned to owner.
22.11.1947: At Lowestoft landed 140 crans fresh and 60 crans iced.
10.5.1948: Sold to The Star Drift Fishing Co Ltd, Lowestoft (Frederick E. Catchpole, manager).
28.3.1949: Registered at Lowestoft as PEACEFUL STAR (LT201). Seasonal white fish trawling from Fleetwood.
6.10.1952: At Lowestoft landed in excess 200 crans.
31.5.1955: Sold to Arthur H. Codd & Son, London.
1.6.1956: Sold to Anson Steam Trawler Co Ltd, Milford Haven (John N. Picton, manager).
13.11.1957: Returned to Milford to land the Skipper, George Knight of Lowestoft, with an injured foot.
25.11.1959: Sold to Alick King, Lowestoft (managing owner).
30.11.1959: Sold to Wood & Davidson Ltd, Aberdeen (John Wood, manager).
21.12.1959: Lowestoft registry closed.
28.12.1959: Registered at Aberdeen (A61).
1961: Converted to motor by J. Lewis & Sons Ltd, Aberdeen, fitted with 3-cyl 4 stroke 300bhp oil engine by A.K. Diesels Ltd, Lowestoft (engine built under licence by J. Lewis & Sons Ltd, Aberdeen in 1960).
1961: Alteration to tonnage and other particulars. Certificate of Survey at Aberdeen. Remeasured 121.48g 48.36n.
27.10.1970: Sold to George Wood (Aberdeen) Ltd, Aberdeen.
27.10.1970: Sold to Wood & Davidson Ltd, Aberdeen.
11.2.1973: Sold to James Stevenson, London.
1974: Sold to Robert Dick, London. To be fitted out in Portugal for prawn fishing off North African coast.
1978: Sank on moorings in Marsa Creek, Malta.
1979: Sunken hull sold to Cassar Enterprises, Marsa for £880.
1981: After being salved sold to Sartard Shipbreakers Ltd , Marsa for breaking up.
4.5.1982: Aberdeen registry closed “Registry cancelled on direction of Secretary of State dated 27.4.1982”.
Click to enlarge images
13/12/2010: Page published. 4 updates since then.
13/06/2016: Information updated, picture added.
03/11/2018: Removed FMHT watermarks from images.