Additional material courtesy of Barry Banham and Andy Hall
Official Number: 149198
Yard Number: 999
Gross Tonnage: 102
Net Tonnage: 43
Length: 90.3 ft
Breadth: 19.0 ft
Depth: 9.2 ft
Built: Cochrane & Sons Ltd, Selby
Engine: T.3-cyl by Wm. Burrell & Co, Gt. Yarmouth
Boiler: Riley Bros (Boilermakers) Ltd, Stockton-on-Tees
7.3.1927: Launched by Cochrane & Sons Ltd, Selby (Yd.No.999) for George Catchpole (32/64); Frederick Ernest Catchpole (16/64) & Frederick Mullender (16/64), Lowestoft as ONE ACCORD.
9.4.1927: Completed (Fred Ingram, Milford, manager).
10.6.1927: Registered at Lowestoft (LT324).
19.6.1927: First landing at Milford.
23.10.1929: Deckhand Edward W. Read fell overboard, 2nd Engineer William Turrell (27) of Kessingland, jumped in the sea fully clothed in oilskins and seaboots, but failed to reach him before he drowned (Turrell was awarded the Royal Humane Society’s Bronze Medal).
23.12.1929: Sold to George Frederick Catchpole (32/64); Francis George Gamble (16/64); Orlando Frederick Mullender (16/64), Lowestoft.
21.3.1934: Sold to George Catchpole (32/64); Frederick Ernest Catchpole (16/64) & Francis George Gamble (16/64), Lowestoft. Landing into Fleetwood (Lowestoft Fish Selling Co Ltd, managing agents) and Milford.
7.1930: Fishing out of Fleetwood in Irish Sea (Sk. Francis George Gamble).
9.7.1930: With KINGSTON (FD144) (Sk. Edward Cook, Lowestoft) arrested by HMS SPEY 91/2 miles W-S-W of Ailsa Craig suspected of trawling in the Firth of Clyde. Taken to Campbeltown where nets and gear were landed.
10.7.1930: At a special sitting of Campbeltown Sheriff Court, George Gamble was charged with illegal trawling and failing to show correct signals when fishing. Cook pleaded not guilty and was ordered to find bail of £120.
16.7.1930: At Campbeltown Sheriff Court, Gamble was found guilty of illegal trawling but the charge of failing to show a fishing signal was not proven. A fine of £100 was imposed with forfeiture of nets and gear.
16.11.1939: Last landing at Milford. Requisitioned for war service as a minesweeping drifter (P.No.FY.983) (Hire rate £49.1.9d/month).
11.1944: Employed on miscellaneous Naval duties.
21.2.1945: Sold to Frederick Ernest Catchpole (16/64); John Francis Gamble and D. G. Gamble (16/64 joint); Ernest Herbert Holland and Frederick Ernest Catchpole (32/64 joint). Lowestoft.
19.3.1945: Sold to Accord (Lowestoft) Ltd, Lowestoft (Frederick Ernest Catchpole, manager).
1.1946: Returned to owner.
18.3.1949: Sold to Gilbert & Co Ltd, Lowestoft (Arthur G. Gilbert, manager).
18.10.1952: At Lowestoft landed 125 crans of herring.
18.3.1958: Sold to Anson Steam Trawler Co Ltd, Milford Haven (John N. Picton, manager).
17.11.1959: Sold to Picton Bros (Milford Haven) Ltd, Milford Haven (John N. Picton, manager).
30.8.1960: Completed trials after conversion to motor by L.B.S. Engineering Ltd, Lowestoft, fitted with 5-cyl 4 stroke 315bhp oil engine by Mirrlees, Bickerton & Day Ltd, Stockport.
9.1960: Re measured 111g 39n.
10.12.1969: Sailed Milford for fishing grounds (Sk. Bill Philips); seven crew. In good visibility, 2.5 miles off the Smalls Lighthouse in collision with German motor tanker YORKSAND (500grt/1964) sustaining damage to stem and bow plating. Tanker stood by until stern trawler ROSS FAME (GY1360) arrived in response to distress; escorted to Milford.
11.12.1969: Arrived Milford. Laid up.
2.1970: As a result of survey considered beyond economical repair. Sold to Haulbowline Industries Ltd, Passage West, Cork for breaking up.
27.6.1989: Lowestoft registry closed (mortgage discharged).
Click to enlarge images
17/03/2011: Page published. 7 updates since then.
01/07/2016: Picture added.
27/07/2016: Information updated.
13/08/2016: Picture added.
16/11/2018: Removed FMHT watermarks from images.