Additional information courtesy of Barry Johnson Milford Trawlers
Official Number: 127420
Yard Number: 385
Gross Tonnage: 222
Net Tonnage: 85
Length: 120.5 ft
Breadth: 21.5 ft
Depth: 11.6 ft
Engine: T.3-cyl by W. V. V. Lidgerwood, Coatbridge
Boiler: David Rowan, Glasgow
Built: Smith’s Dock Co Ltd, North Shields
9.9.1908: Launched by Smith’s Dock Co Ltd, North Shields (Yd.No.385) for Neyland Steam Trawling & Fishing Co, Neyland as CALDY.
10.1908: Completed (Alexander Scott, Llanstadwell, manager).
20.10.1908: Registered at Milford (M228).
7.6.1911: Berthing at pontoon at Neyland collided with BUSH (M227) coaling, striking her amidships.
14.4.1915: Requisitioned for war service as a minesweeper (1-12pdr) (Ad.No.1372). Based Stornoway.
6-8.8.1916: Assisted in salvage of Norwegian steamer ARANDA (1838grt/1890) (after-part) in Lough Foyle. ARANDA had been mined 5.8.1916 between Hebrides and North Channel and was towed into Lough Foyle where she settled on bottom (Mines laid by U.boat (U78)).
14.2.1919: Sold to Jonathan Uttley, Fleetwood (Joseph A. Taylor, manager).
7.3.1919: Milford registry closed.
8.3.1919: Registered at Fleetwood (FD66).
By 12.3.1919: Returned to owner at Fleetwood.
1920: Sold to Mrs A. A. Uttley & F. A. Wadsworth (Joseph A. Taylor, manager).
24.4.1921: Fleetwood registry closed.
10.5.1921: Sold to Joseph Samuel Pettit, Frederick Steer, Walter Edward Wales, Charles Harold Bird, Milford & Joseph Baron Bardsley Huddlestone, Hakin (Joseph S. Pettit managing owner).
10.5.1921: Registered at Milford (M198).
11.1925: At Aran District Court, fined for fishing within the prohibited area. Also in court were the skippers of KEYES (LT580) and PHINEAS BEARD (LO283). Total fines £350.
23.9.1927: Sold to Joseph Baron Bardsley Huddleston, Hakin, Frederick Steer, Joseph Samuel Pettit & Horace Samuel Fiddy (64/64 joint owners), Milford Haven (Joseph S. Pettit, managing owner).
16.4.1937: Sold to Westward Trawlers Ltd, Milford Haven (Edgar Erel Carter & Richard S. Bowen, Port Talbot) (Edgar Erel Carter, manager).
4.1938: Fishing on the Western grounds (Sk. J. Binham). Connected to steam trawler ARACARI (M101)(Sk. W. Parry) which had broken down and commenced tow to Milford.
7.4.1938: Delivered Milford.
27.11.1939: Requisitioned for war service, appointed as a minesweeper (Hire rate £55.10.0d/month).
10.9.1961: Landed her last trip at Milford (Sk. Bruno Linke).
9.1961: Sold to BISCO and allocated to Thos. W. Ward Ltd, Sheffield for breaking up.
14.10.1961: Delivered Briton Ferry from Milford Haven under own power.
21.10.1961: Milford registry closed.
Click to enlarge image
18/05/2012: Page published. 6 updates since then.
25/02/2015: Information updated.
03/12/2018: Added an image.