Official Number: 162062
Yard Number: 915
Gross Tonnage: 386
Net Tonnage: 165
Length: 141.7 ft
Breadth: 25.5 ft
Depth: 13.6 ft
Engine: T.3-cyl by Smith’s Dock Co Ltd, Middlesbrough
Built: Smith’s Dock Co Ltd, South Bank-on-Tees, Middlesbrough
28.4.1930: Launched by Smith’s Dock Co Ltd, South Bank-on-Tees, Middlesbrough (Yd.No.915) for Boston Deep Sea Fishing & Ice Co Ltd, Fleetwood as the DAILY MAIL.
2.6.1930: Registered at Fleetwood (FD100).
6.1930: Completed (Fred. Parkes, Blackpool, manager).
1931: Basil A. Parkes, Blackpool appointed manager.
10.5.1931: Homeward from St. Kilda grounds (Sk. Albert Heywood), in thick fog stranded on rocks off Crammag Head, The Rinns of Galloway, splitting shell plating on port side.
11.5.1931: Came afloat, with TRANQUIL (FD425) and Portpatrick lifeboat standing by, but grounded again on the north side of Portencorkie Bay, crew picked up by TRANQUIL.
8.1931: After efforts to salve failed, boiler removed to barge, but foundered in deep water. Some further dismantling carried out and declared a total loss.
9.12.1931: Fleetwood registry closed “Total loss 10/5/31”.
Click to enlarge image
14/05/2012: Page published. 10 updates since then.