S.T. Croxby GY642

Additional information courtesy of Bill Blow

Technical

Official Number: 132105
Yard Number: 214
Completed: 1911
Gross Tonnage: 215
Net Tonnage: 104
Length: 118.9 ft
Breadth: 21.5 ft
Depth: 11.5 ft
Built: Cook, Welton & Gemmell Ltd, Beverley
Engine: T.3-cyl (425ihp) and boiler by Charles D. Holmes & Co Ltd, Hull

History

1.5.1911: Launched by Cook, Welton & Gemmell Ltd, Beverley (Yd.No.214) for John Wilfred Grant (16/64), William Grant (16/64), Dawson Robinson (16/64) & Harry Robinson (16/64), Grimsby as CROXBY.
19.6.1911: Registered at Grimsby (GY642).
19.6.1911: William Grant designated managing owner.
19.6.1911: Completed.
5.1915: Requisitioned for war service as a minesweeper (1-6pdr HA) (Ad.No.1632). Based Dover.
6.11.1915: Harry Robinson mortgaged shares (16/64) to London Joint Stock Bank Ltd, London (A).
Post 12.3.1919: Returned to owner.
1.6.1922: John Wilfred Grant appointed manager.
13.7.1923: Dawson Robinson died.
13.9.1923: Probate granted. Shares (16/64) transferred to Harry Robinson (32/64).
3.12.1926: William Grant died.
13.4.1927: Probate granted. Shares (16/64) transferred to Arthur Grant & John Wilfred Grant , Cleethorpes and William Grant Jnr, Navenby & Hugh Bourne Grant, Humberstone (16/64 joint owners).
28.5.1927: Arthur Grant & John Wilfred Grant, Cleethorpes and William Grant, Navenby & Hugh Bourne Grant, Humberstone joint shares (16/64) sold to John Wilfred Grant (21/64) & Arthur Grant (6/64), Cleethorpes and Hugh Bourne Grant (5/64), Humberstone.
28.2.1930: John Wilfred Grant, Cleethorpes shares (21/64) and Hugh Bourne Grant, Humberstone shares (5/64) sold to Rugby Steam Fishing Co Ltd (26/64), Grimsby.
7.3.1930: Arthur Grant, Cleethorpes shares (6/64) sold to Rugby Steam Fishing Co Ltd (32/64), Grimsby.
13.3.1930: John Wilfred Grant, Cleethorpes appointed manager.
9.2.1934: The Rugby Steam Fishing Co Ltd, shares (32/64) sold to Harry Robinson (64/64), Grimsby.
9.2.1934: Mortgage (A) discharged.
9.2.1934: Harry Robinson designated managing owner.
25.6.1935: Off Aberdeen in collision with trawler EBOR BELLE (GY101) which foundered. Crew picked up.
13.5.1940: Sold to Supreme Fishcuring Co Ltd (64/64), Fleetwood.
3.6.1940: Basil A Parkes, Thornton-le-Fylde appointed manager.
5.7.1943: Sold to John Carl Ross (64/64), Grimsby.
20.7.1943: Harvey Wilfred Wilson appointed manager.
23.7.1946: Sold to Grimsby Merchants Amalgamated Trawling Ltd (64/64) Grimsby.
29.9.1948: Vessel mortgaged (64/64) to National Provincial Bank Ltd, London (B).
8.5.1952: Mortgage (B) discharged.
13.5.1952: Sold to Alfred Bannister (Trawlers) Ltd (64/64), Grimsby. George Edward Penistone appointed manager.
27.3.1960: Sold to H. P. Heuvelmen NV, Krimpen aan den IJssel for breaking up.
4.5.1960: Grimsby registry closed “…on sale to foreigners (Dutch subjects) for breaking up”.

Click to enlarge images

S.T. Croxby GY642

S.T. Croxby GY642
Picture courtesy of Steve Farrow

S.T. Croxby GY642

S.T. Croxby GY642

S.T. Croxby GY642

S.T. Croxby GY642
Picture courtesy of The James Cullen Collection

S.T. Croxby GY642

S.T. Croxby GY642
Picture courtesy of The JJ Collection

Changelog
13/03/2013: Page published.
17/11/2014: Picture added.
11/04/2017: Removed FMHT watermark from images.