Tag Archives: Supreme Fishcuring Co

S.T. Croxby GY642

Additional information courtesy of Bill Blow

Technical

Official Number: 132105
Yard Number: 214
Completed: 1911
Gross Tonnage: 215
Net Tonnage: 104
Length: 118.9 ft
Breadth: 21.5 ft
Depth: 11.5 ft
Built: Cook, Welton & Gemmell Ltd, Beverley
Engine: T.3-cyl (425ihp) and boiler by Charles D. Holmes & Co Ltd, Hull

History

1.5.1911: Launched by Cook, Welton & Gemmell Ltd, Beverley (Yd.No.214) for John Wilfred Grant (16/64), William Grant (16/64), Dawson Robinson (16/64) & Harry Robinson (16/64), Grimsby as CROXBY.
19.6.1911: Registered at Grimsby (GY642).
19.6.1911: William Grant designated managing owner.
19.6.1911: Completed.
5.1915: Requisitioned for war service as a minesweeper (1-6pdr HA) (Ad.No.1632). Based Dover.
6.11.1915: Harry Robinson mortgaged shares (16/64) to London Joint Stock Bank Ltd, London (A).
Post12.3.1919: Returned to owner.
1.6.1922: John Wilfred Grant appointed manager.
13.7.1923: Dawson Robinson died.
13.9.1923: Probate granted. Shares (16/64) transferred to Harry Robinson (32/64).
3.12.1926: William Grant died.
13.4.1927: Probate granted. Shares (16/64) transferred to Arthur Grant & John Wilfred Grant, Cleethorpes and William Grant Jnr, Navenby & Hugh Bourne Grant, Humberstone (16/64 joint owners).
28.5.1927: Arthur Grant & John Wilfred Grant, Cleethorpes and William Grant, Navenby & Hugh Bourne Grant, Humberstone joint shares (16/64) sold to John Wilfred Grant (21/64) & Arthur Grant (6/64), Cleethorpes and Hugh Bourne Grant (5/64), Humberstone.
28.2.1930: John Wilfred Grant, Cleethorpes shares (21/64) and Hugh Bourne Grant, Humberstone shares (5/64) sold to Rugby Steam Fishing Co Ltd (26/64), Grimsby.
7.3.1930: Arthur Grant, Cleethorpes shares (6/64) sold to Rugby Steam Fishing Co Ltd (32/64), Grimsby.
13.3.1930: John Wilfred Grant, Cleethorpes designated manager.
9.2.1934: The Rugby Steam Fishing Co Ltd, shares (32/64) sold to Harry Robinson (64/64), Grimsby.
9.2.1934: Mortgage (A) discharged.
9.2.1934: Harry Robinson designated managing owner.
25.6.1935: Off Aberdeen in collision with trawler EBOR BELLE (GY101) which foundered. Crew picked up.
13.5.1940: Sold to Supreme Fishcuring Co Ltd (64/64), Fleetwood.
3.6.1940: Basil A Parkes, Thornton-le-Fylde designated manager.
4.5.1943: Typical wartime landing from Iceland grounds. 800 kits – cod/codling-370, haddock-300, plaice-100, flats-30.
5.7.1943: Sold to John Carl Ross (64/64), Grimsby.
20.7.1943: Harvey Wilfred Wilson designated manager.
23.7.1946: Sold to Grimsby Merchants Amalgamated Trawling Ltd (64/64) Grimsby.
29.9.1948: Vessel mortgaged (64/64) to National Provincial Bank Ltd, London (B).
8.5.1952: Mortgage (B) discharged.
13.5.1952: Sold to Alfred Bannister (Trawlers) Ltd (64/64), Grimsby. George Edward Penistone designated manager.
27.3.1960: Sold to H. P. Heuvelmen NV, Krimpen aan den IJssel for breaking up.
4.5.1960: Grimsby registry closed “…on sale to foreigners (Dutch subjects) for breaking up”.
Click to enlarge images

S.T. Croxby GY642

S.T. Croxby GY642
Picture courtesy of The Steve Farrow Collection

S.T. Croxby GY642

S.T. Croxby GY642
picture from the Internet

S.T. Croxby GY642

S.T. Croxby GY642
Picture courtesy of The James Cullen Collection

S.T. Croxby GY642

S.T. Croxby GY642
Picture courtesy of The JJ Collection

Changelog
13/03/2013: Page published.
17/11/2014: Picture added.
11/04/2017: Removed FMHT watermark from images.
13/02/2020: Updated information.

S.D/T. Norman Wilson LT1158

Additional material courtesy of Barry Banham

Technical

Admiralty Number: 4126
Official Number: 140843
Yard Number: 567
Completed: 1919
Gross Tonnage: 96
Net Tonnage: 41
Length: 86.2 ft
Breadth: 18.5 ft
Depth: 9.2 ft
Engine: T.3-cyl and boiler by A. Hall & Co Ltd, Aberdeen
Built: A. Hall & Co Ltd, Aberdeen

History

8.3.1919: Launched by A. Hall & Co Ltd, Aberdeen (Yd.No.567) (“Admiralty drifter”) for The Admiralty as TIDAL WAVE (Ad.No.4126).
12.8.1919: Completed as a fishing vessel.
11.12.1919: Transferred to The Fishery Board for Scotland, Edinburgh for disposal.
1919: Sold to J. Slater, Portknockie.
1920: Registered at Banff (BF604).
1920: Sold to A. & J. Summers, Peterhead. Banff registry closed. Registered at Peterhead as SOPHIA S. SUMMERS (PD379).
1920: Re-possessed by The Fishery Board for Scotland, Edinburgh.
1921: Sold to Alexander B. Summers, Peterhead (managing owner).
1923: Sold to William C. Wilson, Whitley Bay & A. J. Gardner (later J. & P. Gardner), Cellardyke (John T. Graham, Anstruther, manager). Peterhead registry closed. Registered at Kirkcaldy as NORMAN WILSON (KY228).
1939: Sold to Mrs L. R. Gardner, Cellardyke.
9.11.1939: Requisitioned for war service and employed on the balloon barrage (Hire rate £32.0.0d/month). Based at Rosyth (Attendance drifter).
194?: Sold to William C. Wilson, North Shields.
1946: Sold to Supreme Fishcuring Co Ltd, Fleetwood (Basil A. Parkes, Cleveleys, manager).
9.1946: Returned to owner.
1946-1949: Trawling from Gt. Yarmouth.
1947: Sold to Neptune Steam Fishing Co Ltd, London (P. Garnett, Epsom, manager).
1.1949: Sold to W. H. Kerr (Ship Chandlers) Ltd, Milford Haven.
12.5.1955: Last landing at Milford.
1955: Fished herring season from Lowestoft.
1956: Sold to Jacques Bakker en Zonen, Bruges for breaking up.
7.3.1956: Sailed Lowestoft for Bruges (Sk. Pye).
7.3.1956: Delivered.
1956: Lowestoft registry closed.

Click to enlarge image

S.D/T. Norman Wilson KY228

S.D/T. Norman Wilson KY228
Picture courtesy of John Stevenson

Changelog

15/10/2010: Page published. 3 updates since then.
07/10/2018: Removed FMHT watermark from image.

S.D. Fisher Lad BF204

Additional information courtesy of Bill Blow and Andy Hall

Technical

Official Number: 145559
Yard Number: 860
Completed: 1919
Gross Tonnage: 96
Net Tonnage: 41
Length: 86.2 ft
Breadth: 18.5 ft
Depth: 9.3 ft
Built: Lea Shipbuilding & Repairing Co, Canning Town
Engine: 270ihp T.3-cyl by D. & R. B. Scott, Tayport
Boiler: Hewitt & Kellitt Ltd, Bradford

History

1919: Launched by Lea Shipbuilding & Repairing Co, Canning Town (Yd.No.860) (“Admiralty drifter”) for The Admiralty as WHITECLOUD.
25.8.1920: Completed as a fishing vessel.
9.12.1920: Transferred to The Fishery Board for Scotland, Edinburgh for disposal. Laid up at Dundee.
1921: Sold to A. Lewis McCombie, Granton (Thomas Murphy, manager) for £4,875 under HM Treasury mortgage agreement (Disposal of Admiralty Drifters to Ex-service Fishermen).
1922: Registered at Leith (LH304). Official No.145559.
1922: Registered at Leith as ADMIRAL STARTIN (LH304).
1.1926: Sold to Samuel Chapman Snr, Samuel Chapman Jnr, Fred Chapman and Benjamin Chapman, Grimsby (64/64 joint owners). Samuel Chapman Jnr designated managing owner.
1.1926: Leith registry closed.
13.1.1926: Registered at Grimsby (GY376).
4.1926: Sold to John Pirie (16/64), James Pirie (16/64), William Pirie (21/64) and George Paul (11/64), all Portknockie.
30.4.1926: James Pirie designated managing owner.
30.4.1926: Grimsby registry closed.
5.5.1926: Registered at Banff as FISHER LAD (BF204).
20.12.1939: Requisitioned for war service and employed on harbour defence patrol duties (P.No.FY.282) (Hire rate £32.0.0d/month).
1944: Sold to Supreme Fishcuring Co Ltd (64/64), Fleetwood (Basil A. Parkes, Cleveleys, manager).
10.11.1945: Returned to owner. Laid up.
1947: Sold Hjalmar Naess, Haugesund, Norway.
1947: Banff registry closed. Registered at Haugesund as STEFFEN NAESS (R-45-H).
By 1949: Converted to dry cargo. 100grt 49net.
By 1949: Converted to motor and fitted with oil engine by Wichmann Mtrf, Rubbestadneset, Norway.
21.04.1961: On passage Moss towards Stavanger with a cargo of barley (Capt Hjalmar Naess). Capsized off Kristiansund when cargo shifted and foundered. Master and his two sons lost. Registry closed.
Click to enlarge images

S.T. Fisher Lad BF204

S.T. Fisher Lad BF204
Picture courtesy of The Carolyn Hatt Collection

Changelog

27/03/2010: Page published. 11 updates since then.
05/07/2018: Removed FMHT watermark from image.
29/08/2020: Updated history.

S.T. Strathalva A757

Technical

Official Number: 139792
Yard Number: 595
Completed: 1917
Gross Tonnage: 215
Net Tonnage: 93
Length: 117.7 ft
Breadth: 22.1 ft
Depth: 12.2 ft
Engine: T.3-cyl by Hall, Russell & Co Ltd, Aberdeen
Built Hall, Russell & Co Ltd, Aberdeen

History

1916: Launched by Hall, Russell & Co Ltd, Aberdeen (Yd.No.595) for Aberdeen Steam Trawling & Fishing Co Ltd, Aberdeen as STRATHALVA.
23.2.1917: Registered at Aberdeen(A757).
2.1917: Completed (John Brown, manager). Requisitioned from the builders as an armed trawler (2-6pdr HA) (Ad.No.3005).
1919: Returned.
1926: George Massie appointed manager.
1938: W. Rhind appointed manager.
1942: Sold to Supreme Fish Curing Co Ltd, Fleetwood (Basil A. Parkes, Cleveleys, manager).
1943: Fishing Faroe grounds.
8.1945: Sold to Southampton Steam Fishing Co Ltd, London.
1953: Sold to Derry Trawling Co Ltd, Aberdeen (David Wood, manager).
1958: Sold to Bruce’s Stores (Aberdeen) Ltd, Aberdeen.
1959: Sold to BISCO and allocated to Malcolm Brechin, Granton for breaking up.
1.12.1959: Delivered Granton from Aberdeen under own power. Aberdeen registry closed.

Click to enlarge images

S.T. Strathalva A757

S.T. Strathalva A757
Picture from the Internet

S.T. Strathalva A757

S.T. Strathalva A757
Picture by Donald Smith courtesy of The Mark Stopper Collection

S.T. Strathalva A757

S.T. Strathalva A757
Picture courtesy of The Mark Stopper Collection

S.T. Strathalva A757

S.T. Strathalva A757
Picture by Donald Smith courtesy of The Mark Stopper Collection

Changelog

17/01/2009: Page published. 5 updates since then.
16/04/2018: Removed FMHT watermarks from images.

S.T. Kilmany BF448

Technical

Official Number: 137666
Yard Number: ??
Completed: 1925
Gross Tonnage: 96g
Net Tonnage: 40n
Length: 87.8 ft
Breadth: 19.3 ft
Depth: 9.3 ft
Engine: T.3-cyl and boiler by Elliott & Garrood Ltd, Beccles (machinery ex SCOTSMAN (125414)(INS430) removed 1925 when vessel sold for demolition).

History

Wooden Drifter

1925: Launched by William Wood, Lossiemouth (Yd.No.) for J. Flett, George Garden, James Stewart, William Cormack, Charles A. Hay & Alexander Adam, Lossiemouth as GIRL ISOBEL at a cost of £1700.
1925: Completed (Charles A. Hay, managing owner). Registered at Inverness (INS84).
9.1936: Sold to James Jack & W. Jack, Pennan. Inverness registry closed. Registered at Fraserburgh as JEANNIE JACK (FR244).
1938: Sold to Alexander Watt, Gardenstown & Others. Fraserburgh registry closed.
20.5.1938: Registered at Banff as KILMANY (BF448).
15.5.1940: Requisitioned for war service and employed on miscellaneous Naval duties (Hire rate £34.16.0d/month).
1944: Sold to Supreme Fishcuring Co Ltd, Fleetwood (Basil A. Parkes, Cleveleys, manager).
21.12.1945: Returned to owner.
1947: Sold to The Adam Steam Fishing Co Ltd, London.
1948: Sold to A. W. Easto, Lowestoft. Banff registry closed. Registered at Lowestoft (LT90).
1952: Sold for breaking up at Oulton Broad.

Changelog

12/01/2009: Page published. 2 updates since then.