Additional information courtesy of Milford Trawlers
Official Number: 149200
Yard Number: 563
Gross Tonnage: 112
Net Tonnage: 48
Length: 90.6 ft
Breadth: 20.1 ft
Depth: 9.6 ft
Built: John Chambers Ltd, Oulton Broad, Lowestoft
Engine: T.3-cyl by Crabtree & Co Ltd, Gt. Yarmouth
16.7.1927: Launched by John Chambers Ltd, Oulton Broad, Lowestoft (Yd.No.563) for Allan Haward Watson, Lowestoft as OCEANBREEZE. Towed to Gt. Yarmouth to have machinery installed.
20.9.1927: Ran trials.
21.9.1927: Registered at Lowestoft (LT343). Allan Haward Watson designated managing owner.
9.1927: Completed and valued at £4.500. 1928/1930s: Seasonal fishing from Fleetwood. John Victor Breach, Lowestoft, managing agent.
5.7.1928: At Fleetwood landed 40 boxes.
5.5.1932: Sold to P. W. Watson & Sons Ltd, Lowestoft. Alan H. Watson designated manager.
4.9.1939: Requisitioned for war service on contraband control (Hire rate £49.0.0d/month).
26.5.1940: ‘Operation Dynamo’ – the evacuation of Dunkirk put into effect.
31.5.1940: At 0440 arrived Ramsgate with 109 troops ex Dunkirk.
1.6.1940: At 0545 arrived Ramsgate with 35 troops ferried by Thames launch LANSDOWNE at St Malo. Other troops taken to Dutch coaster ATLANTIC (221grt/1930)(RN manned).
4.6.1940: ‘Operation Dynamo’ terminated.
9.1940: Employed as a boom drifter.
1.1942: At Lowestoft as LL sweep drifter.
11.6.1943: Compulsorily acquired by M.O.W.T. Fitted out as a minesweeping drifter (P.No.FY810).
8.1943: Transferred to War Department.
6.8.1943: Lowestoft registry closed “Registry no longer required”.
20.9.1947: Sold to Arthur Claude Mitchell, Milford Haven.
1947: Registered at Lowestoft (LT341). Arthur Claude Mitchell designated managing owner.
15.11.1948: At Lowestoft landed 256 crans of herring.
12.1.1952: At Milford landed 176 crans of herring (400 kits) grossed £1,735.
20.10.1952: At Lowestoft landed 120 crans of herring.
6.1.1958: Converted to motor by Richards Ironworks Ltd, Lowestoft, fitted with 330bhp 4 stroke 6VEBM oil engine by Ruston & Hornsby Ltd, Lincoln.
1958: Re measured 118g 49n.
6.1958: Sold to Jack Arthur Mitchell (32/64) & Sk. Charles Noel Bray (32/64), Milford Haven. Jack Arthur Mitchell designated managing owner.
28.5.1958: Returned to Milford from conversion to diesel and fished her way back, catch grossed £511.
20.12.1961: Sold to Jackora Ltd (64/64), Milford Haven. H. C. Mills designated manager.
20.8.1968: Motor trawler LORD KEITH (LT181) developed engine trouble while fishing E of Blackwater Light Vessel, Co. Wexford but managed to reach Rosslare Bay. Connected and commenced tow to Milford.
23.5.1970: Registered office transferred to Lowestoft. Vessel on offshore platform standby and safety duty.
1974: Sold to Greek owners.
14.1.1975: Lowestoft registry closed.
9.3.1975: Sailed Lowestoft in company with motor drifter trawlers WILSON LINE (YH105) and LORD KEITH (LT181) for Mediterranean with stated intention of converting them to refrigerated stern trawlers.
27.2.1978: Owner stated as Theolus Iosifides, Halkis, Greece.
1988: Deleted from registers continued existence in doubt.
Click to enlarge images
16/07/2013: Page published. 9 changes since then.
19/07/2016: Image added.
13/02/2017: Image added.
26/02/2017: Image added.
24/01/2019: Removed FMHT watermarks from images.
11/05/2019: Added information.