Official Number: 140000
Yard Number: 284
Gross Tonnage: 107
Net Tonnage: 52
Length: 92.1 ft
Breadth 19.0 ft
Depth: 9.75 ft
Built: Fellows & Co Ltd, Gt Yarmouth
Engine: 270ihp T.3-cyl by Pertwee & Black, Gorleston
1918: Requisitioned by The Admiralty on the stocks, no instalment monies paid.
1919: Launched by Fellows & Co Ltd, Gt Yarmouth (Yd.No.284) (non-standard “Admiralty drifter”) for The Admiralty as ELEPHANTA.
2.1920: Sold to Victory Fishing Co Ltd (64/64), Norwich and completed as a fishing vessel.
10.2.1920: Registered at Lowestoft as BYNG (LT632). Arthur W. Harvey, Lowestoft appointed manager.
1.6.1921: Sold to Vigilant Fishing Co Ltd (64/64), Norwich. George F. Spashett, Lowestoft appointed manager.
1928: Landing at Fleetwood.
13.6.1928: Landed 47 boxes.
20.1.1931: Sold to George William Keable (22/64), Lewis Percy Keeble (21/64) and George James Keeble (21/64) all Lowestoft. George W. Keable designated managing owner.
25.1.1935: At Douglas, IoM suffered damage.
16.10.1939: Requisitioned for war service and employed on miscellaneous naval duties, boom drifter & balloon barrage (P.No.FT.1870) (Hire rate £32.16.0d/month).
14.4.1944: Sold to Locarno Fishing Co Ltd (64/64), London. John C. Hayward, Lowestoft appointed manager.
1946: Returned to owner.
Post WW2 – 1950: Seasonal white fish trawling from Fleetwood.
3.1955: Sold to Jacques Bakker & Zonen, Bruges for breaking up.
3.3.1955: Sailed Lowestoft for Antwerp towing steam drifter RAMSEY BAY (LT1290), also for breaking up.
9.3.1955: Delivered Bruges.
16.6.1955: Lowestoft registry closed.
23/08/2021: Page published.