Fleetwood owned and registered but did not fish from the port.

Technical

Official Number: 148230
Yard Number: 511
Completed: 1928
Gross Tonnage: 348
Net Tonnage: 165
Length: 140.2 ft
Breadth: 24.6 ft
Depth: 13.2 ft
Engine: 96NHP T.3-cyl by Charles D. Holmes Ltd, Hull
Built: Cook Welton & Gemmell Ltd, Beverley

History

28.11.1928: Launched by Cook, Welton & Gemmell Ltd, Beverley (Yd.No.511) for Fleetwood Steam Fishing Co Ltd, Fleetwood as LORINDA.
19.12.1928: Registered at Fleetwood (FD182).
22.12.1928: Completed (Sir George E. J. Moody, Grimsby, manager). Fishing from Grimsby.
26.1.1934: Off Dyrafjord, west coast of Iceland with steam trawler EBOR WYKE (H78) searched for survivors amongst wreckage of trawler SABIC (GY58) which foundered following collision with trawler EUTHAMIA (GY716).
4.9.1939: Requisitioned for war service as a minesweeper (P.No. NR) (Hire rate £155.3.0d/month).
12.9.1939 (Regd): Sold to Boyd Line Ltd, Hull.
10.10.1939 (Regd): Sold to Shire Trawlers Ltd, London (William A. Bennett, manager).
17.10.1939: Fleetwood registry closed.
18.10.1939: Registered at Grimsby (GY220).
20.8.1941: Foundered off Freetown, Sierra Leone after fire in machinery spaces.

Click to enlarge image

S.T. Lorinda FD182

S.T. Lorinda FD182
Picture courtesy of James Cullen

Changelog
26/08/2008: Page published. Three updates since then.
08/06/2015: Picture added.
17/09/2017: Removed FMHT watermark from image.

Read / Leave a Comment

Technical

Official Number: 127577
Yard Number: 458
Completed: 1910
Gross Tonnage: 310
Net Tonnage: 125
Length: 135 ft
Breadth: 24 ft
Depth: 12.4 ft
Built: Cochrane & Sons Ltd, Selby
Engine: T.3-cyl by Amos & Smith, Hull
Built: Cochrane & Sons Ltd, Selby

History

15.1.1910: Launched by Cochrane & Sons Ltd, Selby (Yd.No.458) for Fleetwood Steam Fishing Co Ltd, Fleetwood as LOIS.
10.2.1910: Registered at Fleetwood (FD113).
2.1910: Completed (George E. J. Moody, Grimsby, manager).
9.1.1915: Requisitioned for war service as a minesweeper (1-6pdr, W/T) (Ad.No.645). Fitted as Leader.
28.4.1917: Three miles ENE of Start Point at 1730 sighted steamer MEDINA (12350grt/1911) stopped and blowing whistle (torpedoed by UB31). Alerted destroyer HMS WALPOLE (D.41). At 1825 MEDINA sank in position 50.13N 03.32W. About 8 miles SSW of Dartmouth at 1855 took onboard 94 survivors picked up by Brixham smack ONWARD (BM265) and took in tow three lifeboats. At 1930 landed survivors at Dartmouth.
19.5.1917: At 1435 in approx position 50.30N 3.10W engaged German submarine.
Post 12.3.1919: Returned to owner at Fleetwood.
12.5.1921: Stranded Blackgang, Isle of Wight. Crew taken off by local boat. Refloated after patching but grounded again 50yds out and further damaged. Became a total loss.
22.9.1921: Fleetwood registry closed “Vessel wrecked 12/5/21”.

Annex A

9.1.1915: Commissioned at Fleetwood. 14.1.1915: Arrived Devonport. Fitted with WT (Call sign YID) and Hotchkiss 6pdr gun (Ser.No.645)(Ad.No.961). Fitted as Leader.
7.2.1915: Completed.
6.2.1915: Allocated Unit No.63 – No.1 Patrol based Dartmouth (Sub Lieut. C.L. Divine RNR).
11.4.1915: At Devonport. Fitting out for minesweeping duties
17.4.1915: Completed.
4.1915: Re-appointed Unit 63 – Division C based Plymouth (Lieut. A.A. Crowther RNR).
1.10.1916: Based Devonport (Lieut. A.A. Crowther RNR).
1.1.1917: At Falmouth.
13.3.1917: At Devonport. Southern Patrol Temporary Div.1.
1.1.1919: Port for landing Stores, Armament and Moveable Fittings – Devonport. Port for Demobilising Personnel – Fleetwood.
1919: Returned to owners at Fleetwood.

Click to enlarge image

S.T. Lois  FD113

S.T. Lois FD113
Picture courtesy of www.hulltrawler.net

Changelog
26/12/2008: Page published. 6 updates since then.

Read / Leave a Comment

Technical

Official Number: 109663
Yard Number: 431
Completed: 1898
Gross Tonnage: 181
Net Tonnage: 47
Length: 105 ft
Breadth: 21 ft
Depth: 11.2 ft
Engine: T.3-cyl and boiler by Earl’s Shipbuilding & Engineering Co Ltd, Hull
Built: Earle’s Shipbuilding & Engineering Co Ltd, Hull

History

13.1.1898: Launched by Earle’s Shipbuilding & Engineering Co Ltd, Hull (Yd.No.431) for Fleetwood Steam Fishing Co Ltd, Fleetwood as LILY.
7.1898: Completed.
20.8.1898: Registered at Fleetwood (FD192), George E. J. Moody appointed manager.
1906: Re-measured 179g 67n.
1906: New boiler fitted.
11.1906: Sold to Société des Pêcheries de l’Océan, Arcachon (Ch. Olivari, manager).
26.11.1906: Fleetwood registry closed.
1906: Registered at Bordeaux as GRÈBE.
Pre 1915: Sold to Soc. Immobiliére du Moulleau et des Pêcheries de la Océan, Bordeaux (M. Camproger, manager).
1918: New boiler fitted.
Pre1927: Sold to Soctiété des Pêcheries de l’Ocean, Arcachon (Ch. Oliveri, manager).
Pre1930: Sold to N. Melchiorre di P., Rome. Registered at Rome as GLORIA.
1931: Refitted.
1949: Sold for breaking up.

Read / Leave a Comment

Additional information courtesy of David Slinger

Technical

Official Number: 114308
Yard Number: 491
Completed: 1905
Gross Tonnage: 280
Net Tonnage: 96
Length: 127.2 ft
Breadth: 22 ft
Depth: 12 ft
Engine: T.3-cyl and boiler by Earle’s Shipbuilding & Engineering Co Ltd, Hull
Built: Earle’s Shipbuilding & Engineering Co Ltd, Hull

History

21.1.1905: Launched by Earle’s Shipbuilding & Engineering Co Ltd, Hull (Yd.No.491) for The Fleetwood Steam Fishing Co Ltd, Fleetwood as LAURA.
9.2.1905: Registered at Fleetwood (FD29), George E. J. Moody, Grimsby appointed manager.
2.1905: Completed.
1.1.1914: Tonnage altered to 110.49net under provision of Merchant Shipping Act 1907.
28.10.1914: Sank the MARY STANLEY (FD117) in collision; crew rescued.
3.1917: At Fleetwood. Fitted with Hotchkiss 6pdr gun (No.1254); complement increased by two gunners.
29.5.1917: Requisitioned for Fishery Reserve.
1.1918: At Fleetwood landed a catch which grossed £6,100 – a new port record.
1919: New boiler fitted (made 1897).
1919: Released. 1921: Sold to Rodriguez Hermanos Rincon, Corunna (BoT approval 16.12.1931).
16.12.1921: Fleetwood registry closed.
12.1921: Registered at Corunna as FERNANDO.
Post 1945 pre 1952: (FATE)?

Changelog
25/12/2008: Page published. 2 updates since then.
03/08/2016: Information added.

Read / Leave a Comment

Technical

Official Number: 109662
Yard Number: 430
Completed: 1898
Gross Tonnage: 181
Net Tonnage: 47
Length: 105 ft
Breadth: 21 ft
Depth: 11.2 ft
Engine: T.3-cyl and boiler by Earle’s Shipbuilding & Engineering Co Ltd, Hull
Built: Earle’s Shipbuilding & Engineering Co Ltd, Hull

History

10.1.1898: Launched by Earle’s Shipbuilding & Engineering Co Ltd, Hull (Yd.No.430) for Fleetwood Steam Fishing Co Ltd (64/64), Fleetwood as KITTY.
29.7.1898: Registered at Fleetwood (FD191), George E. J. Moody, Grimsby designated manager.
7.1898: Completed.
22.11.1905: While stormbound in Tobermory, at about 6.00pm two crew members, W. Robertson (23) and John Shuttleworth (20), took boat away to visit CITY of BRISTOL (FD207) anchored near by. By midnight they had not returned and the whistle was blown repeatedly; there was no response.
23.11.1905: In the morning the CITY of BRISTOL was hailed and it was discovered that nothing had been seen of the boat or the two men It was assumed that the boat had become unmanageable and driven by the gale had drifted seawards. Search parties were organised and scoured the shore of the island of Calvey and in the vicinity of Rhubha nan Gall lighthouse. With Customs Officers and police onboard, weighed and proceeded to search entrance to Loch Sunart, where two oars and a sou’wester were recovered. Assumed that both men had perished, aborted trip and set course for Fleetwood.
24.11.1905: At about 8.30pm entered Wyre Dock.
29.12.1905: Reported that body of John Shuttleworth had been recovered.
30.4.1908: Sold to Joseph Johnston & Sons Ltd, Montrose (William Douglas Johnston, Junr, designated manager).
9.5.1908: Fleetwood registry closed.
11.5.1908: Registered at Montrose (ME226).
1913: Sold to John Wright & Richard W. Mason, Fleetwood.
1913: Sold to The Brooklyn Fishing Co Ltd, Fleetwood. Richard W. Mason designated manager.
26.2.1913: Montrose registry closed.
3.3.1913: Registered at Fleetwood (FD179).
1.1.1914: Tonnage altered to 73 net under provision of Merchant Shipping Act 1907
12.1916: Sold to George Frederick Sleight, Grimsby.
14.12.1916: Fleetwood registry closed.
18.12.1916: Registered at Grimsby (GY1005). George Frederick Sleight designated managing owner,
9.5.1917: Stopped by U-boat (UC42) 25 miles ENE of St. Abb’s Head, Skipper and Chief Engineer made prisoner. Sunk by explosive charge in position 56.11.39N 01.45.00W.
11.6.1917: Grimsby registry closed.

Click to enlarge image

S.T. Kitty FD191

S.T. Kitty FD191
Picture courtesy of Peter Farrer

Changelog
24/12/2008: Page published. 2 updates since then.
22/08/2017: Added an image.
07/10/2017: Updated information.

Read / Leave a Comment