Official Number: 136191
Yard Number: 598
Gross Tonnage: 295
Net Tonnage: 128
Length: 136.7 ft
Breadth: 23.2 ft
Depth: 12.3 ft
Engine: 93ihp T.3-cyl by Charles D. Holmes & Co Ltd, Hull
Built: Cochrane & Sons Ltd, Selby
28.3.1914: Launched by Cochrane & Sons Ltd, Selby (Yd.No.598) for Pickering & Haldane’s Steam Trawling Co Ltd, Hull as ADMIRAL CRADOCK.
22.5.1914: Registered at Hull (H103).
26.5.1914: Completed. John McCann & Edward Cartwright designated managers.
29.5.1917: Requisitioned for Fishery Reserve.
By 11.8.1917: Fitted 1-6pdr LA (in house aft).
31.1.1924: Sold to Ashton & Welsh Ltd, Blackpool.
6.2.1924: Hull registry closed.
8.2.1924: Registered at Fleetwood (FD11). James Welsh, Fleetwood, designated manager.
3.7.1928: At Fleetwood landed 265 boxes.
24.4.1935: Sold to John Wm. Welsh, Fleetwood.
4.7.1935: Sold to Endeavour Trawlers Ltd, Fleetwood. John Wm. Welsh designated manager.
3.12.1937: Sold to Saint Andrew’s Steam Fishing Co Ltd, Hull. Basil Arthur Parkes, Cleveleys designated manager. Continued to fish from Fleetwood.
17.2.1939: Fleetwood registry closed “Sold to foreigners (Belgians)”.
20.3.1939: Delivered to Belgian shipbreakers and broken up.
13/05/2010: Page published. 3 updates since then.
10/06/2019: Minor information update.
Official Number: 133406
Yard Number: 249
Gross Tonnage: 294
Net Tonnage: 131
Length: 130 ft
Breadth: 23.5 ft
Built: Cook Welton & Gemmell, Beverley
Engine: 87nhp T.3-cyl by Amos & Smith Ltd, Hull
Speed: 10.5 knots
Armament: 1 x 12 pdr
18.7.1912: Launched by Cook, Welton & Gemmell Ltd, Beverley (Yd.No.249) for The Humber Steam Trawling Co Ltd, Hull as GOOD LUCK.
3.10.1912: Registered at Hull (H497). Richard H. Hobbs designated manager.
4.1915: Requisitioned for war service as a minesweeper (1-12pdr) (Ad.No.1342).
1917: Employed as an escort. Based Milford Haven.
By 12.3.1919: Returned to owner at Hull.
1919: Sold to Fresh Fish Supplies Ltd, Hull. Thomas Nightingale designated manager.
5.1923: Sold to George Ashton, Wigan & James Welsh Ltd, Fleetwood.
11.5.1923: Hull registry closed.
17.5.1923: Registered at Fleetwood (FD425).
8.8.1923: Sold to Ashton & Welsh Ltd, Blackpool. James Welsh, Fleetwood designated manager.
1924: Registered at Fleetwood as TRANQUIL (FD425).
Pre 1927: Registered office transferred to Fleetwood.
11.5.1931: Responded to rockets from steam trawler DAILY MAIL (FD100) stranded on rocks off Crammag Head, The Rinns of Galloway. With Portpatrick lifeboat stood by when she came afloat but grounded again on the north side of Portencorkie Bay, took off crew.
24.4.1935: Sold to John W. Welsh. Fleetwood.
23.7.1935: Sold to Endeavour Trawlers Ltd, Fleetwood. John W. Welsh & James Welsh designated managers.
25.11.1937: Sold to The Cevic Steam Fishing Co Ltd, Fleetwood. Charles H. Friswell, designated manager.
28.4.1940: Requisitioned for war service as a minesweeper (P.No.FY.920) (Hire rate £73.10.0d/month).
1942: Richard Neave designated manager.
16.6.1942: Towing a barrage balloon ex Thames (Ty/Lieut William Postlethwaite RNR). Involved in collision with s.s. DEAL (829grt/1928). Sank off The Downs, 5 miles SE of Goodwin Fork Buoy in position 51.13.08 N 01.27.51 E.
17.12.1945: Fleetwood registry closed.
* Note: Became known as “The Balloon Wreck” because she sank with the balloon deployed and this still floated above the wreck site.
S.T. Good Luck H497 Picture courtesy of The JJ Collection
S.T. Tranquil FD425
Picture (as Good Luck) courtesy of The Fred Baker Collection
S.T. Tranquil FD425
Picture courtesy of The Fred Baker Collection
08/01/2009: Page published. 4 updates since then.
16/06/2020: Updated information.
08/12/2020: Updated history.