Tag Archives: Lincolnia SFC

S.T. Lord C Beresford D199

Technical

Official Number: 106726
Yard Number: 174
Completed: 1896
Gross Tonnage: 162
Net Tonnage: 63
Length: 105.5 ft
Breadth: 20.7 ft
Depth: 11.6 ft
Engine: T.3-cyl and boiler by Charles D. Holmes & Co, Hull
Built: Cook, Welton & Gemmell, Hull

History

1896: Launched by Cook, Welton & Gemmell, Hull (Yd.No.174) for Pickering & Haldane’s Steam Trawling Co Ltd, Hull as LORD C. BERESFORD.
12.1896: Completed.
2.12.1896: Registered at Hull (H341).
25.10.1897: Sold to The Yorkshire Steam Fishing Co Ltd, Hull (John McCann, manager).
29.11.1899: Sold to Dublin Steam Trawling Co Ltd, Dublin (Arthur Richardson, manager).
18.8.1902: Hull registry closed.
8.1902: Registered at Dublin (D199).
1913: Fishing from Fleetwood.
1922: Company restructured as Dublin Trawling, Ice & Cold Storage Co Ltd, Dublin (Arthur Richardson, manager).
1925: Sold to Patrick McGreevey, Fleetwood (Rowland Morrice, manager).
1.1926: Sold to Lincolnia Steam Fishing Co Ltd, Fleetwood (Rowland Morris, manager).
19.2.1926: Capsized in Mersey Channel in a strong tide, crew took to boat and picked up by Liverpool steamer SARAH BROUGH (299grt/1898) inbound from Barrow in Furness. Landed at Birkenhead.
1926: Salved and sold to J. Hornby & Son (Shipbreakers) Ltd, Bradfield for breaking up.

click to enlarge picture

Lord Charles Beresford H341

Lord Charles Beresford H341
Picture courtesy of The David Slinger Collection

S.T. Lord C Beresford D199

S.T. Lord C Beresford D199
Landing fish at Fleetwood

Changelog

26/12/2008: Page published. 3 updates since then.
30/06/2015: Picture added.
24/03/2017: Picture added.

S.T. Kingfisher FD103

Additional information courtesy of David Slinger Andy Hall and Birgir Þórisson

Technical

Official Number: 106832
Yard Number: 437
Completed: 1897
Gross Tonnage: 137.88
Net Tonnage: 38.84
Length: 95.8 ft
Breadth: 20.4 ft
Depth: 10.8 ft
Built: Sir Raylton Dixon & Co Ltd, Middlesbrough
Engine: T.3-cyl and boiler by N.E. Marine Engineering Co Ltd, Sunderland

History

5.12.1896: Launched by Sir Raylton Dixon & Co Ltd, Middlesbrough (Yd.No.437) for The Mersey Trawlers Ltd, Liverpool as KINGFISHER.
1.1897: Completed.
1.1897: Registered at Liverpool (LL334) (1/97). Owen Ellis designated manager.
28.05.1899: Stopped by Scottish Fishery Board’s cruiser VIGILANT after attempting to escape when observed trawling off Aisa Craig in the Firth of Clyde prohibited limits. Escorted to Campbeltown.
By 1903: Sold to Pratt, Ellis & Co, Liverpool. Owen Ellis & George J. Pratt designated managing owners.
2.1907: Sold to Fylde Steam Fishing Co Ltd, Fleetwood.
2.1907: Liverpool registry closed.
12.2.1907: Registered at Fleetwood (FD103). George W Stennett designated manager.
12.2.1907: Vessel mortgaged (64/64) to London City & Midland Bank Ltd, London (A).
4.1.1909: Harry Melling designated manager.
6.1909: Fylde Steam Fishing Co Ltd in liquidation.
20.6.1909: Mortgage (A) discharged.
22.6.1909: Sold to Walter Olney, Grimsby. Walter Olney designated managing owner.
7.1909: Slipped at Fleetwood. Renamed DORTHEA – no port of registry.
7.1909: Sold to Christian Evensen, Thorshaven, Faroe Islands (Evensen & Black).
17.7.1909: Fleetwood registry closed.
7.1909: Registered at Thorshavn as DORTHEA. Continued fishing out of Fleetwood. Alick Black, Fleetwood designated manager.
1.1910: On a trip to West of Scotland grounds (Sk. Christopher Bird); ten Faroese crew.
16.1.1910: Returning to Fleetwood in heavy weather stranded on the south end of Walney Island. Barrow lifeboat Thomas Fielden (Cox Herbert Raby) attended but with wind gusting 50mph rescue was difficult and crew had to be taken off one by one. On completion landed survivors at Barrow. Refloated and towed to Fleetwood by Barrow tug WALNEY (204grt/1904).
1910: Sold to Walter M. Olney, Thornton.
1910: Thorshaven registry closed.
2.6.1910: Registered at Fleetwood as LINCOLNIA (FD118) (BoT Minute 1096/1910). Alick Black, Fleetwood designated manager.
30.3.1911: In Wyre Dock had fire in forecastle after paraffin stove overturned. Extinguished by Dock fire brigade.
1.1.1914: Tonnage altered to 52.29net under provision of Merchant Shipping Act 1907.
23.2.1914: In Lune Deeps, inwards for Fleetwood, in collision with steam trawler PHRONTIS (FD142) and badly damaged.
14.4.1914: Between Fleetwood and Holyhead suffered boiler problems, hoisted signals of distress and sighted by steam trawler LIZZIE (FD158) which closed and having been made aware of the problem, connected and commenced tow to Fleetwood.
29.5.1917: Requisitioned for Fisheries Reserve.
1919: Released (Sir Alec Black, Bart, Fleetwood, manager).
1925: Sold to Sydney Jacobs, London (Rowland Morris, Fleetwood, manager).
1926: Sold to Lincolnia Steam Fishing Co Ltd, Fleetwood. Rowland Morris designated manager.
1927: Sold to Reginald L. Hancock, Hakin. Reginald L. Hancock designated managing owner.
21.8.1927: Fishing Small’s ground 5 miles NNE of St. Ann’s Head (Sk. Thomas W. Jones), disabled with machinery defect. Steam drifter/trawler CYCLAMEN (LT1136) fishing nearby connected and towed to Milford arriving same day.
1928: Sold to Vincent T. Taylor, Chippenham (Reginald L. Hancock & H.E. Rees, Milford, managers).
8.11.1928: Registered at Milford (M214).
9.11.1928: Fleetwood registry closed.
19.4.1929: Sailed Milford for grounds off the Smalls (Sk. William E. Johnson).
20.4.1929: Fishing 3 miles NW by W of Connibeg light ship, in Force 6, disabled with fractured tail shaft. Steam trawler CORVUS (M2) in vicinity connected and proceeded to tow to Milford.
21.4.1929: Arrived Milford. Corvus owners and crew claimed against owners and crew and settled for the sum of £308.3.0d plus £28 settlement fee.
3.1934: Sold for breaking up and broken up at Hancock’s Yard, Pembroke Dock.
11.10.1934: Milford registry closed, breaking up completed.

Click to enlarge images

S.T. Lincolnia FD118

S.T. Lincolnia FD118
Permission to post requested from The Keith Webster Collection

S.T. Dorothea aground

S.T. Dorothea aground
Picture courtesy of Guy Charnley

S.T. Lincolnia  FD118

S.T. Lincolnia FD118
Picture courtesy of David Slinger

Changelog
24/12/2008: Page published. 3 revisions since then.
27/11/2014: Picture added and information updated.
29/11/2014: Picture added.
04/02/2016: Minor information update.
21/05/2017: Added image and removed FMHT watermarks.
19/02/2018: Information updated.