Information courtesy of Andy Hall Granton Trawlers
If you have any further historical or technical information about this vessel, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Gross Tonnage: 17.9
Length: 46 ft
Breadth: 13.3 ft
Depth: 6.1 ft
Rig: Ketch (aux motor)
Ketch motor and sail – Nets & lines
1913: Launched by William & James Wood & Sons, Lossiemouth (Yd.No.?) for Robert Carmack, Inverness as UNIQUE.
1913: Completed and registered at Inverness (INS370).
3.11.1915: Sold to Peter Lees, Andrew Christie and John Gove, Aberdeen.
11.1915: Inverness registry closed.
23.11.1915: Registered at Aberdeen (A565).
12.12.1916: Sold to Ernest Taylor, Fleetwood.
23.3.1917: Sold to Ernest Taylor & Noah Ashworth, Fleetwood.
23.7.1917: Vessel mortgaged to London City & Midland Bank Ltd, London (A).
25.10.1917: Mortgage (A) discharged.
31.10.1917: Sold to John Robertson, Kinsale, Co Cork.
9.4.1918: Aberdeen registry closed.
1918: Registered at Cork (C132).
1937: Vessel still recorded in Olsen’s.
24/08/2014: Page published.
Official Number: 98562
Yard Number: 173
Gross Tonnage: 167
Net Tonnage: 43
Length: 102.6 ft
Breadth: 20.7 ft
Depth: 11.3 ft
Engine: C.2-cyl and boiler by Hall, Russell & Co Ltd, Aberdeen
Built: J. Duthie, Sons & Co, Aberdeen, 1891
7.1891: Launched by J. Duthie, Sons & Co, Aberdeen (Yd.No.173) for Peter Johnstone & David Sherrit, Nigg as SUNRISE.
3.7.1891: Registered at Aberdeen (A648). Peter Johnstone appointed managing owner.
25.12.1895: Put into Aberdeen and reported loss of five men in the severe gale of yesterday.
1.9.1909: Sold to Alfred John Freeth, North Shields (managing owner).
1.1.1914: Tonnage altered to 64.03 net under provision of Merchant Shipping Act 1907.
29.5.1917: Requisitioned for Fishery Reserve.
14.6.1915: Sold to Robert & Joseph Moon, Aberdeen (joint owners).
4.12.1916: Sold to Thomas Main, Aberdeen (managing owner).
25.9.1917: Sold to Noah Ashworth & Cecil Whitaker Barratt , Fleetwood (Joseph A. Taylor, manager).
15.3.1918: Sold to The Red Rose Steam Trawlers Ltd, Fleetwood (Joseph A. Taylor, manager).
26.2.1919: Aberdeen registry closed.
27.2.1919: Registered at Fleetwood (FD28).
1924: Sold to Cevic Steam Fishing Co Ltd, Fleetwood (Charles H. Friswell, manager).
1930: Sold to Maurice Guillaume, Lorient.
14.1.1930: Fleetwood registry closed.
1.1930: Registered Lorient as MAURICE RENÉ.
1930: Lorient registry closed.
1930: Registered at St. Nazaire.
4.1.1939: At Lorient broke moorings, subsequently in collision and foundered. St. Nazaire registry closed.
20/12/2008: Page published. 2 updates since then.
20/08/2016: Information added.