Official Number: 105367
Yard Number: 55
Gross Tonnage: 154
Net Tonnage: 45
Length: 105.5 ft
Breadth: 20.6 ft
Depth: 10.2 ft
Engine: T.3-cyl by Hawthorns & Co Ltd, Leith
Built: Hawthorns & Co Ltd, Leith
31.1.1896: Launched by Hawthorns & Co Ltd, Leith (Yd.No.55) for Liverpool Steam Fishing Co Ltd, Liverpool as MAGNUS.
2.1896: Completed (Robert Harley, manager). Registered at Liverpool (LL294).
1908: Sold to Harley & Miller Ltd, Liverpool (Robert Harley, manager).
3.1913: Sold to Magnus B. J. Wedum, Fleetwood (managing owner).
4.1913: Liverpool registry closed.
4.4.1913: Registered at Fleetwood (FD181).
8.4.1913: Sold to The Sunrise Fishing Co Ltd, Fleetwood (Magnus B. J. Wedum, manager).
1.1.1914: Tonnage altered to 61.32 net under provision of Merchant Shipping Act 1907.
8.1916: Sold to John Robert Ditchburn, Whitby & Charles Russell, Middlesbrough.
5.8.1916: Fleetwood registry closed.
8.1916: Registered at Whitby (WY??).
8.10.1916: Out of North Shields for fishing grounds, sunk by U-boat (UB27) 40 miles E.N.E.of Longstone Light.
Click to enlarge image
S.T. Magnus FD181
Picture courtesy of Alan Hirst
18/01/2009: Page published. 4 updates since then.
16/09/2017: Removed FMHT watermark from image.
Additional material courtesy of Barry Banham
Official Number: 99586
Yard Number: 95
Gross Tonnage: 151
Net Tonnage: 63
Length: 104 ft
Breadth: 20.6 ft
Depth: 11 ft
Engine: 50nhp T.3-cyl and boiler by C. D. Holmes & Co, Hull
Built: Cook, Welton & Gemmell, Hull
22.10.1892: Launched by Cook, Welton & Gemmell, Hull (Yd.No.95) for Pickering & Haldane’s Steam Trawling Co Ltd, Hull as STORM COCK.
14.11.1892: Registered at Hull (H207).
11.1892: Completed (Henry A. L. Russell, manager).
6.2.1902: Sold to George R. Nicholson, Wallasey (managing owner).
10.2.1902: Hull registry closed.
2.1902: Registered at Liverpool (LL303).
6.1911: Sold to The Sunrise Fishing Co Ltd, Fleetwood (Magnus B. Wedum, manager).
6.1911: Liverpool registry closed.
29.6.1911: Registered at Fleetwood (FD148).
10.1915: Sold to Armitage’s Steam Trawling Co Ltd, Hull (George T. Armitage, manager).
21.10.1915: Fleetwood registry closed.
23.10.1915: Registered at Hull (H405).
1916: Main deck, engine casing and funnel renewed.
1916: New boiler fitted.
29.5.1917: Requisitioned for Fishery Reserve.
4.1919: Sold to Ernest William Hall, Lowestoft (managing owner).
2.4.1919: Hull registry closed.
5.4.1919: Registered at Lowestoft (LT393).
7.9.1920: Advertised for sale at Baltic Exchange, London, ‘vessel lying at Lowestoft’.
17.9.1920: Sold to Charles Huish, Plymouth (managing owner).
18.1.1933: Following death of Charles Huish, transferred to Mrs Josephine Huish, Plymouth (Arthur R. Chapman/Sanders Stevens & Co Ltd, managers).
1937: Sold to The Netherlands for breaking up.
16.8.1937: Lowestoft registry closed “To Holland”.
07/01/2009: Page published. 6 updates since then.