Official Number: 114303
Yard Number: 250
Gross Tonnage: 197
Net Tonnage: 49
Length: 115.7 ft
Breadth: 21.8 ft
Depth: 11.1 ft
Engine: T.3-cyl by W. V. V. Lidgerwood, Coatbridge
Boiler: James Abernathy & Co, Aberdeen
Built: J. Duthie, Sons & Co Ltd, Aberdeen
12.3.1904: Launched by J. Duthie, Sons & Co Ltd, Aberdeen (Yd.No.250) for John Millington Jackson, St. Anne’s-on-the-Sea (18/64); John Liver, Fairhaven (11/64); Sarah Jane Astley, Blackpool (11/64); Horace Bourne, Adlington, Chorley (8/64); Isaac Miller, Knott End (7/64); Walter Smith, Blackpool (6/64); Samuel Knapman, Fleetwood (20/64) and William Henry Gilmour, Fleetwood (1/64), as PORT JACKSON.
13.4.1904: Registered at Fleetwood (FD6), Thomas F. Kelsall appointed manager.
21.2.1905: One share (W. H. Gilmour) sold to John M. Jackson, St. Anne’s-on-the-Sea.
6.3.1906: One share (J.M. Jackson) sold to Walter Henry Dickenson, Fleetwood.
11.11.1907: Horace Bourne residing at Poulton-le-Fylde.
24.2.1908: One share (W. H. Dickenson) sold to Claude Alexander Smythe, Fleetwood.
15.9.1908: Horace Bourne died.
13.10.1908: Probate. Eight shares to Eleanor Bourne, Poulton-le-Fylde & William Haden Arthur Richardson, Wordsley, Staffs. Joint owners.
12.12.1908: Eleanor Bourne change of Poulton-le-Flyde address.
23.12.1910: Eight shares (E. Bourne & W. H. A. Richardson) sold to Thomas F. Kelsall, Fleetwood.
1911: Thomas Kelsall appointed managing owner.
1.1.1914: Tonnage altered to 76.03 net under provision of Merchant Shipping Act 1907.
2.3.1917: At Fleetwood. Fitted with 6-pdr Hotchkiss H.A. Mk IV gun (No.3111); compliment increased by two gunners.
29.5.1917: Requisitioned for Fishery Reserve.
22.12.1917: At Fleetwood. Fitted with Hotchkiss 12pdr gun (No.8683).
12.2.1927: In dense fog struck quayside at Fleetwood while manoeuvring, causing minor damage.
10.8.1931: Arrested by HMS SPEY for alleged illegal fishing in the Firth of Clyde.
11.8.1931: At Campbeltown Sheriff Court, Sk. Henry Stirzaker Dutton pleaded guilty. A fine of £100 was imposed but Sk. Dutton could not pay and was sent to prison for 60 days; nets in use at the time of arrest were forfeited.
11.1934: Sold to Walker Steam Trawl Fishing Co Ltd, Aberdeen Thomas Walker, manager).
17.11.1934: Fleetwood registry closed.
20.11.1934: Registered at Aberdeen (A222).
8.1935: On a four day trip out of Aberdeen on local grounds (Sk. Sam Bavidge Jnr).
23.8.1935: Shifting grounds in dense fog, stranded on submerged reef off Scotstoun Head, north of Peterhead; five crew members taken off by Peterhead lifeboat. Sk. Bavidge and three crew decided to stand by the trawler in the ship’s boat but when only the funnel was visible lifeboat returned and brought them in to Peterhead. Declared CTL.
4.9.1935: Aberdeen registry closed “ Total loss 23.8.35”.
Click to enlarge image
S.T. Port Jackson FD6
Picture courtesy of John Stevenson
S.T. Port Jackson FD6
Picture courtesy of David Slinger
19/01/2009: Page published. 4 revisions since then.
29/10/2014: Picture added.
19/05/2017: Removed FMHT watermark.