Official Number: 132853
Yard Number: 476
Gross Tonnage: 257
Net Tonnage: 103
Length: 125.5 ft
Breadth: 23 ft
Depth: 12.3 ft
Engine: T.3-cyl by Shields Engineering Co Ltd, North Shields
Built: Smith’s Dock Co Ltd, South Bank-on-Tees, Middlesbrough
1911: Launched by Smith’s Dock Co Ltd, South Bank-on-Tees, Middlesbrough (Yd.No.476) for Neale & West Ltd, Cardiff as KODAMA (CF34).
7.1911: Completed (Morley H. Neale, Joshua S. Neale & Wilfred Neale, managers).
5.1915: Requisitioned for war service as a minesweeper (1-12pdr) (Ad.No.2668).
12.6.1918: Transferred from Northern Patrol to Devonport.
1.7.1918: Sailed Devonport for Falmouth.
6.7.1918: Sailed Falmouth escorting Convoy O.F.42 to Mediterranean. Subsequently based Gibraltar.
By 12.3.1919: Returned to owner at Cardiff.
1925: Sold to The Croston Steam Trawling Co Ltd, Fleetwood (William W. Brierley, manager).
2.1925: Cardiff registry closed.
10.2.1925: Registered at Fleetwood (FD36).
3.8.1932: Returned from West of Scotland grounds and reported recovering a body believed to be that of Lt Dennis J. Margetts RN who had been lost two months previously when his aircraft of 466 Fleet Torpedo Bomber Flight, HMS FURIOUS had ditched off the Isle of Skye. Body was committed to the sea.
3.12.1936: In storm force conditions off Argyll coast.
4.12.1936: Foundered off the Western Isles, believed due to shift of bunkers and ice; twelve crew lost.
23.12.1936: Fleetwood registry closed.
(Lost: Hugh McMillan, Robert Victor Dingle, Edward Balfour Croft, John William Johnson, Thomas Leadbetter, George Rogerson, Ernest Stirzaker, Perry Bird, Robert Frew Parnell, James Neill, Herbert Joseph Reynolds & Robert Kelly)
Click to enlarge image
24/12/2008: Page published. 3 updates since then.
13/11/2017: Removed FMHT watermark from image.