S.T. Magnolia FD37
Official Number: 108432
Yard Number: 198
Launched: September 17 1898
Gross Tonnage: 184
Net Tonnage: 73
Length: 111 ft
Breadth: 20.8 ft
Draught: 11.3 ft
Engine: T.3-cyl by Whyte & Mair, Dundee
Built: J. Duthie, Sons & Co, Aberdeen, 1898
Owner: Magnolia Steam Fishing Co Ltd, Fleetwood
17.9.1898: Launched by J. Duthie, Sons & Co, Aberdeen (Yd.No.198) for Cornelius C. Morley & William G. D. Goff, Waterford, Co Waterford (Cornelius C. Morley, manager) as MAGNOLIA.
23.11.1898: Registered at Milford (M146).
27.3.1901: While about 50 miles N of Mine Head Light (Sk. Samuel R. Longhope), struck on on starboard quarter by steamer REGINALD (??) on course for Ballycotton Light .
9.3.1903: Sold to Southern Steam Trawling Co Ltd, Waterford, Co. Waterford (Cornelius C. Morley, Hakin, manager).
24.12.1903: While trawling 12 miles WNW of Cape Prior (Sk. M. Kingston), in collision with French steam trawler (B2672) which caused slight damage to starboard bow .
13.2.1906: Off the Blaskets (Sk. B. H. Blockwell), in very heavy weather sustained damage and lost boat .
15.12.1906: When SSW of the Longships (Sk. B. H. Blockwell), at 7.30 p.m. spoke with steamer IDA ZSCHIMMER (362grt/?)of Rostock disabled.
16.12.1906: At 2.00 a.m. Master requested standby until daylight and tow to Falmouth. Connected and with PENGUIN (PH178) delivered Falmouth at 8.00 p.m.
9.1909: New boiler fitted
9.10.1909: When 63 miles Wby N1N from St. Ann’s Head (Sk. B. H. Blockwell), James Bennett (26), fourth hand fell overboard and drowned.
29.12.1909: When towing 40 miles WNW from the Smalls at about 7.00 p.m. found EMERALD (M37) disabled with boiler trouble. Connected and commenced tow to Milford.
30.12.1909: At about 6.00 a.m. delivered Milford.
7.1.1915: Arrived Milford with motor vessel ANHOLT (??), picked up disabled off St. Ann’s Head.
7.1915: Requisitioned for war service and fitted out for minesweeping duties (Ad.No.790).
8.1915: Renamed MAGNOLIA III.
1919: Returned and reverted to MAGNOLIA (M146).
10.7.1919: Sold to John McR. Knight, Hakin; John Young, Little Haven & Francis J. Smith, Milford Haven (John McR. Knight, Hakin, manager).
10.1919: Sold to Stepney Steam Fishing Co Ltd, Scarborough (Abraham Moore, manager).
16.10.1919: Milford registry closed.
10.1919: Registered at Scarborough (SH160).
1922: Sold to Co-operative Fishing Society Ltd, Scarborough (C. Naylor, manager).
1923: Charles A. Oxley appointed manager.
pre1925: Sold to P. McGreery, ?? (Rowland Morris, Fleetwood, manager).
1925: Sold to Magnolia Steam Fishing Co Ltd, Fleetwood (Arthur M. Goldsmith, Manchester) (Roland Morris, manager).
5.1925: Scarborough registry closed.
19.5.1925: Registered at Fleetwood (FD37).
1927: Sold to Reginald L. Hancock, Milford Haven.
25.6.1928: Fishing 20 miles off Fastnet Light (Sk. W. Perry) at about 10.30 p.m. propeller shaft fractured and taking water aft. Taken in tow by AMROTH CASTLE (SA8) for Berehaven (Castletownbere), Co. Cork.
26.6.1928: At about 2.30 a.m. foundered 14 miles off Fastnet Rock. Crew taken onboard AMROTH CASTLE and landed at Berehaven.
11.10.1928: Fleetwood registry closed.