S.T. Kennymore GY38

Technical

Official Number: 136000
Yard Number: 261b
Completed: 1914
Gross Tonnage: 225
Net Tonnage: 112
Length: 117 ft
Breadth: 22 ft
Depth: 12.7 ft
Engine: T.3-cyl by C. D. Holmes & Co Ltd, Hull
Built: Cook, Welton & Gemmell Ltd, Beverley

History

14.1.1914: Launched by Cook, Welton & Gemmell Ltd, Beverley (Yd.No.261B) for The Pelham Steam Fishing Co Ltd, Grimsby as KENNYMORE.
6.3.1914: Registered at Grimsby (GY38).
3.1914: Completed (Alick (Alec) Black, manager). Fishing from Fleetwood.
21.3.1914: Mortgaged to London City & Midland Bank Ltd, London (A).
13.4.1915: Requisitioned for war service as a minesweeper (1-12pdr, 1-7.5” bomb thrower) (Ad.No.1373).
9.10.1915: Mortgage (A) discharged.
11.10.1915: Sold to Thomas W. Baskcomb, Grimsby (managing owner).
12.10.1915: Mortgaged to Barclay & Co Ltd, London (B). Based Killybegs, Co. Donegal.
Post 12.3.1919: Returned to owner at Grimsby after refurbishment and survey at Glasgow.
22.10.1935: After default of mortgage (B) re-possessed by Barclay & Co Ltd, London.
22.10.1935: Fleet of Thomas W. Baskcomb sold to Fred Parkes, Fleetwood.
24.10.1935: Sold to Dobson Ship Repairing Co Ltd, Grimsby (Charles Dobson, manager).
14.11.1935: Mortgaged to National Provincial Bank Ltd, London (C).
27.11.1939: Requisitioned for war service as a minesweeper (P.No.FY.857) (Hire rate £60.0.0d/month).
25.11.1940: Mined off Thames estuary (Temp Sk. J. W. Greene RNR); three crew missing presumed killed.
18.3.1941: Grimsby registry closed.

(MPK – James Reid, Engineman; James E. Barnard, seaman; Harold Emmett, stoker 2class.)

Click to enlarge image

S.T. Kennymore GY38

S.T. Kennymore GY38
Picture courtesy of Alan Hirst

Changelog

22/01/2009: Page published. 3 updates since then.
12/02/2018: Removed FMHT watermark from image.

Leave A Comment

You must be logged in to post a comment.


Hit Counter provided by criminal attorney Orange County
Fight Spam! Click Here!