Additional information courtesy of Barry Banham
Official Number: 128532
Yard Number: 156
Gross Tonnage: 92
Net Tonnage: 32
Length: 86.9 ft
Breadth: 18.9 ft
Depth: 8.7 ft
Built: R. Cock, Appledore
Engine: C.2-cyl by Wm. Burrell, Great Yarmouth.
Boiler: Riley Brothers (Boilermakers) Ltd, Stockton on Tees
1907: Launched by R. Cock, Appledore (Yd.No.156) for Wm. Burrell, Great Yarmouth as KIPPER. Towed to Gt. Yarmouth for machinery fit.
8.1908: Completed. William Burrell appointed manager.
17.8.1908: Registered at Yarmouth (YH385).
1911: Sold to James A. Harrington, Lowestoft (managing owner).
24.1.1911: Yarmouth registry closed.
25.1.1911: Registered at Lowestoft (LT1111).
2.1915: Requisitioned for war service and operated as A/S net drifter (1-6pdr HA) (Ad.No.1106). Based Aegean Sea.
12.3.1919: Waiting instructions whether required for Post-War Service (SS).
1919: Returned to owner at Lowestoft (J. A. Harrington, Lowestoft).
1919: Sold to George & Louisa Breach, Lowestoft (George Breach, managing owner).
21.9.1926: George Breach died. Ownership transferred to executors, Louisa Breach, George Alan Breach & Wm. Hutchings (George Alan Breach managing owner).
Pre 8.1935: Fishing out of Fleetwood (Jack V. Breach, managing agent).
3.9.1935: At Bangor Magistrates Court, Sk. William John Durrant was fined £10 and costs for illegally trawling within the three miles limit in Cardigan Bay.
7.3.1936: Sold to Alfred Fitzgerald & Joseph Robert Searles, Fleetwood (Joseph R. Searles, managing owner).
5.3.1937: Sold to Alfred Fitzgerald, Fleetwood (managing owner).
11.1937: Lost funnel and mast in heavy weather and put into Douglas.
12.1937: Laid up in Fleetwood.
1.1938: Sold to Samuel Grey, Belfast for use as a salvage vessel. Assisted Messrs Carroll, Liverpool, in the attempted salvage of the steamer ANNAGHER (583grt/1924) which had foundered off Ballycopeland Point, Donaghadee, Co. Down following a shift in her scrap cargo.
28.10.1938: Lowestoft registry closed.
11.1938: Sold to Dutch shipbreakers for breaking up at Nieuw Lekkerland.
1940: Sold to N.V. Mercurius, Vlaardingen. Renamed PAX (VL68).
4.1942: Sold to F. Pot, Vlaardingen. Requisitioned by German military.
1947: Sold to J. Roelofs, Ijmuiden. Renamed DOLFJN (RO2).
1951: Converted to motor and re-built as a beam trawler. Renamed ZEEHAAN (IJM55).
1951: Re-engined with 300bhp oil engine by Bolnes.
1972: Sold to Dutch owners and used for sea angling parties.
Post 1972: Sold for breaking up.
Click to enlarge images
22/01/2009: Page published. 3 updates since then.
18/02/2018: Removed FMHT watermark from images.