S.D/T. Riant INS30 (Seasonal)
Copyright 2010 © by Barry Banham for FMHT.
Official Number: 144800
Yard Number: 100
Gross Tonnage: 95
Net Tonnage: 40
Depth: 9.3 ft
Engine: T.3-cyl by Pollit & Wigzell Ltd, Sowerby Bridge
Built: Colby Brothers Ltd, Oulton Broad
1917: Launched by Colby Brothers Ltd, Oulton Broad, Lowestoft (Yd.No.100) (“Admiralty drifter”) for The Admiralty as GREEN SEA.
16.2.1918: Completed as a fishing vessel.
21.12.1920: Transferred to Fisheries Board for Scotland for disposal.
1921: Sold to E. W. Mutton, Aberdeen.
8.2.1921: Renamed GLADYS AND VIOLET (A639).
1924: Sold to David Main, John Ralph & D. W. McKenzie, Burghead.
10.4.1924: Aberdeen registry closed.
4.1924: Renamed RIANT (INS30).
1932 – 1936: Trawling out of Fleetwood (Alex Keay, managing agent).
1939: To Executors of David Main, deceased.
27.11.1939: Requisitioned for war service as a minesweeper (Hire rate £32.0.0d/month). Employed on auxiliary patrol.
27.1.1940: Lost after stranding on Isle of Gigha. Inverness registry closed.
Click to enlarge image