Copyright 2010 Barry Banham
Official Number: 130039
Yard Number: 496
Gross Tonnage: 95
Net Tonnage: 42
Length: 87.0 ft
Breadth: 18.4 ft
Depth: 8.9 ft
Engine: T.3-cyl by Crabtree & Co Ltd, Gt. Yarmouth
Boiler: Riley Brothers (Boilermakers) Ltd, Stockton on Tees
Built: Cochrane & Sons Ltd, Selby
1.4.1911: Launched by Cochrane & Sons Ltd, Selby (Yd.No.496) for Arthur Evans, Ernest Wisker & Walter Bartlett (joint owners), Lowestoft as E.W.B..
7.7.1911: Registered at Lowestoft (LT1124).
8.6.1914: Sold to Arthur Evans (32/64) & Walter Bartlett (32/64), Lowestoft.
09.1915: Requisitioned for war service as an anti-submarine net drifter (1-3pdr) (Ad.No.1872).
11.8.1916 to Arthur Evans, Lowestoft.
29.1.1918: Sold to Frederick W. Moxey (32/64), Bertha Richards & Charles Jordan (32/64 joint shares), Lowestoft. Based Aegean Sea.
1919: Returned to owner at Lowestoft (F. W. Moxey).
16.1.1922: Arrived Lowestoft (Sk. Jenkerson) with Capt Gestersen and nine crew members, the only survivors of a crew of twenty of the Hamburg registered steamer VESTA (1839grt/??) which caught fire through explosion of deck cargo of naptha in heavy weather some 40 miles SE of Lowestoft when on passage Hamburg to Lisbon with general cargo. Rescue was effected at great risk because of the heavy sea, the blaze and fumes from the steamer.
17.12.1919: Sold to The Viking Steam Fishing Co Ltd, Lowestoft (James Pye, manager).
2.4.1925 Sold to The Viking Steam Fishing Co Ltd (32/64), Richard & Edward Mallet (16/64 shares each), Lowestoft.
3.2.1926: Sold to Frederick W. Moxey (32/64), Thomas Richards & Herbert Drake (32/64 joint shares), Lowestoft.
17.4.1938: Sold to Arthur Dexter (64/64), Brixham.
11.03.1939: Sold to Thomas Richards Ltd & Reginald Riley (64/64 joint shares), Brixham.
2.2.1940: Sold to Torbay Trawlers Ltd (64/64), Brixham.
6.1.1941–12.1.1942: Landing at Milford.
1943-1945: Landing at Fleetwood.
1.2.1946: Sold to Respondo Trawlers Ltd (64/64), Milford Haven.
17.11.1947 Sold to Cairo Fishing Co Ltd (64/64), Milford Haven.
29.10.1954: Sold to Yolland Brothers Ltd (64/64), Milford Haven.
22.7.1955: Last landing at Milford.
1955: Sold to shipbreakers in Belgium.
5.9.1955 Arrived Boom near Antwerp for breaking up.
19.9.1955 Lowestoft registry closed.
Click to enlarge image
17/05/2010: Page published. 3 updates since then.
13/12/2014: Information updated.
21/07/2018: Removed FMHT watermark from image.