Official Number: 139828
Yard Number: 585
Gross Tonnage: 210
Net Tonnage: 91
Length: 115.7 ft
Breadth: 22.3 ft
Depth: 11.9 ft
Built: Hall, Russell & Co Ltd, Aberdeen
Engine: T.3-cyl by Hall, Russell & Co Ltd, Aberdeen
13.6.1916: Launched by Hall, Russell & Co Ltd, Aberdeen (Yd.No.585) for Robert H. Davison, Hartlepool as CRAIGMORE.
6.1916: Registered at Hartlepool (HL83). Robert H. Davison designated managing owner.
6.1916: Completed. Requisitioned from the builders and fitted out as a minesweeper (Ad.No.3294). Based Lowestoft.
Post 12.3.1919: Returned to owner at Hartlepool.
1923: Sold to Parkmore Steam Trawling Co Ltd, Hartlepool. Robert H. Davison designated manager.
1925: Sold to Sam Robford & Co Ltd, London. Keith R. Hoare, Aberdeen designated manager.
1926: Transferred to Fleetwood.
11.1927: Sold to Robert William Sutherland, Aberdeen.
12.1927: Hartlepool registry closed.
24.12.1927: Registered at Aberdeen (A304). Robert William Sutherland designated managing owner.
6.2.1929: Sold to The Walker Steam Trawl Fishing Co Ltd, Aberdeen. Thomas Walker designated manager.
2.4.1929: Registered at Aberdeen as STAR OF PEACE (A304) (BoT Minute dated 26.2.1929).
15.9.1941: Sold to H. L. Trawling Co Ltd, Milford Haven.
15.9.1941: Aberdeen registry closed.
19.9.1941: Registered at Milford (M133). Henry J. Horwood designated manager.
23.7.1945: Sold to United Trawlers Ltd, Milford Haven (M. Laboa & Henry J. Horwood) for £15,000.
14.10.1948: Sailed Milford for Smalls ground (Sk. George Mair); eleven crew.
15.10.1948: When some 40 miles off St. Ann’s Head, just after 4.00 am. started to take in water. Contacted steam trawler ISER (FD79) (Sk. E. Bracher), which closed and crew taken onboard, but Sk. Mair stayed behind; at 7.00 a.m. connected and commenced tow. At 9.30 am. Sk. Mair left the ship and shortly afterwards she foundered.
12.05 p.m. Crew landed at Milford.
30.11.1948: Milford registry closed. (Underwriters paid out £10,890).
Click to enlarge image
19/05/2012: Page published. 5 updates since then.
06/05/2016: Picture added.
05/02/2018: Removed FMHT watermark from image.
24/01/2020: Updated information.