S.D/T. Jackeve LT116 (Seasonal)

Additional information courtesy of Barry Banham (http://www.milfordtrawlers.org.uk/) and Robert Durrant (PLRS)

Technical

Official Number: 131875
Yard Number: 859
Completed: 1920
Gross Tonnage: 96
Net Tonnage: 41
Length: 86.2 ft
Breadth: 18.5 ft
Depth: 9.3 ft
Built: Lea Shipbuilding & Repairing Co, Canning Town
Engine: 270ihp T.3-cyl by David & R. B. Scott, Tayport
Boiler: Hewitt & Kellitt Ltd, Bradford.

History

1919: Launched by Lea Shipbuilding & Repairing Co, Canning Town (Yd.No.859) (“Admiralty drifter”) for The Admiralty as WIRLBLAST.
31.7.1920: Completed as a fishing vessel.
9.12.1920: Transferred to The Fishery Board for Scotland, Edinburgh for disposal. Laid up at Dundee.
1921: Sold under HM Treasury mortgage agreement (Disposal of Admiralty Drifters to Ex-service Fishermen) to David Watson, Cellardyke (Thomas Cunningham, Anstruther, manager) for £6,400 with no deposit paid, later reduced to £4,800; less £500 for defects found.
1921: Registered at Kirkcaldy as STELLA AURORAE (KY45). Official No.131875.
22.8.1922: Outstanding payments £716.13.4d capital, £396.14.4d interest.
9.1923: Paid up.
28.1.1925: Sold to Bloomfield’s Ltd, Gt. Yarmouth & J. Watt, Fraserburgh (Neil Mackay, Caister-on-Sea, manager). Kirkcaldy registry closed. Registered at Fraserburgh (FR54). 11.1929: Sold to Henry H. Catchpole, Lowestoft (managing owner).
11.1929: Fraserburgh registry closed.
26.11.1929: Registered at Lowestoft (LT116).
9.12.1929: Registered at Lowestoft as ABIDING FRIEND (LT116) (BoT Minute M/R.G.1526/29).
7.3.1938: Sold to Arthur C. Mitchell (42/64), Milford Haven & George Mitchell (22/64), Lowestoft (Arthur C. Mitchell, manager).
19.4.1938: Registered at Lowestoft as JACKEVE (LT116) (BoT Minute M/R.G.1149/38).
23.11.1939: Requisitioned for war service as a minesweeping drifter (P.No.FY958) (Hire rate £32.16.0d/month).
.1943: Employed on miscellaneous naval duties.
4.4.1944: Sold to Haven Trawlers Ltd, Milford Haven (Robert Lewis, Milford Haven, manager).
14.11.1945: Returned to owner.
7.4.1946: Sold to W. H. Kerr Ltd, Milford Haven.
17.4.1946: Sold to Hamilton Fishing Co Ltd, Milford Haven (W. H. Kerr Ltd, managers).
1950s: Seasonal white fish trawling from Fleetwood.
1954: Sold to BISCO and allocated to Thos W. Ward Ltd, Sheffield for breaking up at Castle Pill, Milford Haven.
27.5.1955: Lowestoft registry closed.

1951 17 landings at Lowestoft, fished from Fleetwood between March and July.
1952 28 landings at Lowestoft, fished from Fleetwood between June and August including 9 landings from broken trips with engine and winch problems.
1953. No landings in Lowestoft, fished from Fleetwood, Padstow and Milford.
1954. 9 landings at Lowestoft, fished for 3 months from Fleetwood, 7 landings there and 3 broken trips with engine problems.
1955. No details, vessel scrapped.

Leave A Comment

You must be logged in to post a comment.


Hit Counter provided by criminal attorney Orange County
Fight Spam! Click Here!