Additional information courtesy of Barry Banham (http://www.milfordtrawlers.org.uk/)
Official Number: 137640
Yard Number: 65
Gross Tonnage: 97
Net Tonnage: 42
Length: 85.5 ft
Breadth: 18.6 ft
Depth: 9.2 ft
Built: J. Lewis & Sons Ltd
Engine: T.3-cyl (No.136) and boiler (No.83) by J. Lewis & Sons Ltd, Aberdeen
1918: Launched by J. Lewis & Sons Ltd (Yd.No.65) (Admiralty standard drifter) for The Admiralty as MIRAGE (Ad.No.3926).
16.12.1918: Completed (1-6pdr).
31.7.1920: Transferred to The Fishery Board for Scotland, Edinburgh for disposal.
1920: Sold under HM Treasury mortgage agreement (Disposal of Admiralty Drifters to Ex-service Fishermen) to John Horne, Cockenzie (managing owner) for £6,500, reduced to £4,875; deposit paid £250.
24.7.1920: Registered at Granton as THORNTREE O.N.137640 (GN73).
20.7.1921: Fishing off Berwickshire coast (Sk. John Horne). Refused to stop when ordered by Fishery Board for Scotland vessel MAELSTROM (96grt/1919) after being observed fishing inside the legal limit off St. Abbs. Arrested after 60 mile chase and also charged with failing to display or concealing, name and port of registration. At Duns Sheriff Court fined a total of £140.
12.1924: Sold to Adam Vyse, North Shields & W. Wood, Cellardyke.
19.12.1924: Granton registry closed.
12.1924: Registered at Kirkcaldy (KY33). John T. Graham, Anstruther appointed manager.
1928: Kirkcaldy registry closed “Sold foreign”. Renamed REHOBOTH.
1928: Sold to James Dougal, Eyemouth. Registered at Berwick (BK271).
1928: Registered at Berwick as MARY and (&) JANE (BK271).
9.1939: Sold to Arthur C. Mitchell, Lowestoft.
20.3.1940: Registered at Lowestoft (LT129) as owned by Jackora Ltd, Lowestoft (Arthur C. Mitchell, manager).
4.4.1940: Registered at Lowestoft as JACKORA (LT129) (BoT Minute R.G.1400/1040 dated 11.3.1940).
1950s: Seasonal trawling for white fish from Milford, occasional landings at Fleetwood.
1.4.1950: Landed 111 boxes, £645 gross.
1955: Sold to Belgian shipbreakers.
22.5.1955: Sailed Lowestoft for Antwerp in tow of steam drifter EXCEL IV (LT171) (Sk. Gowan) also for breaking.
22.5.1955: Lowestoft registry closed.
Click to enlarge image
16/09/2013: Page published. 6 revisions since then.
29/07/2014: Picture added
21/12/2017: Removed FMHT watermark and added an image.
11/02/2021: Updated history.