Additional information courtesy of David Slinger and Andy Hall
Admiralty Number: 4483
Official Number: 136085
Yard Number: 313
As built: 360disp 125.6 x 23.5 x 12.8 feet
Gross Tonnage: 275.56
Net Tonnage: 115
Length: 125.4 ft
Breadth: 23.4 ft
Depth: 12.6 ft
Engine: 480ihp T.3-cyl by J. P. Rennoldson & Sons Ltd, South Shields
1919: Launched by J. P. Rennoldson & Sons Ltd, South Shields (Yd.No.313)(“Castle” class) for The Admiralty as WILLIAM DRAKE (Ad.No.4483).
4.4.1919: Advertised for sale by tender.
10.4.1919: Tenders closed. Sold to Charles W. Robinson, Middlesbrough.
19.5.1919: Completed as a fishing vessel.
13.6.1919: Registered at Middlesbrough (Part I & IV) as EBOR COURT O.N.136085 (MH40). Charles W. Robinson designated managing owner. 1920: Sold to Harley & Miller Ltd, Liverpool. Alfred J. Harley, Meols designated manager.
1923: Charles C. Miller designated manager.
1926: Middlesbrough registry closed.
3.8.1926: Registered at Liverpool (LL56).
1928: Fishing out of Fleetwood.
6.6.1928: Landed 150 boxes.
10.10.1928: Landed 94 boxes.
12.1928: Sold to Consolidated Fisheries Ltd, Grimsby.
17.12.1928: Liverpool registry closed.
12.1928: Registered at Swansea as CAREW CASTLE (SA91). Sir John D. Marsden, Bart, Grimsby designated manager. Fishing out of Swansea.
31.10.1929: Homeward from the fishing grounds (Sk. Boyce); eleven crew, in company with RADNOR CASTLE (SA56). Entering a fog bank in the Bristol Channel, stranded on rocks near Culver Hole west of Port Eynon Point, Gower Peninsula, approx 18 miles west of Swansea. Badly holed and engine room flooded, RADNOR CASTLE stood by and on the falling tide crew able to walk ashore.
1.11.1929: Tug in attendance, if weather holds expected to be salved. Crew picked up by tug and landed at Swansea.
02.11.1929: Efforts to refloat unsuccessful.
15.11.1929: In rough weather washed further onto rocks and efforts to salve abandoned. Swansea registry closed.
(William Drake (29), Landsman (volunteer), age 29, b.Isle of Wight – ROYAL SOVEREIGN (SB50))
04/03/2019: Page published.
Additional information courtesy of David Slinger
Yard Number: 282
Gross Tonnage: 164
Net Tonnage: 59
Length: 105.0 ft
Breadth: 21.0 ft
Depth: 11.0 ft
Built: Cook, Welton & Gemmell, Hull
Engine: T.3-cyl and boiler by Amos & Smith Ltd, Hull
3.12.1900: Launched by Cook, Welton & Gemmell, Hull (Yd.No.282) for The Great Northern Steamship Fishing Co Ltd, Hull as ENCORE.
22.12.1900: Registered at Hull (H523). William R. Nowell designated manager.
29.5.1917: Requisitioned for Fishery Reserve.
7.5.1919: Sold to Stanley Bell, Lowestoft. Stanley Bell designated managing owner.
26.4.1920: Registered at Lowestoft (LT929).
28.4.1920: Hull registry closed.
1925: George D. Utting, Kessingland & others. George D. Utting designated managing owner.
1926: Sold to John Utting, Lowestoft. John Utting designated managing owner.
1927: Sold to Nelson G. Utting, Lowestoft. John Utting designated manager.
1928: Seasonal trawling from Fleetwood.
19.6.1928: Typical landing 45 boxes.
1930: Sold to Joseph F. Gamble, Lowestoft. Joseph F. Gamble designated managing owner.
1936: Sold for breaking up.
20.1.1937: Lowestoft registry closed “Broken up”.
Click to enlarge images
S.T. Encore LT929
Picture from the Internet
09/02/2019: Page published.
Additional information courtesy of David Slinger
Admiralty Number: 3925
Official Number: 137721
Yard Number: 64
Gross Tonnage: 96.71
Net Tonnage: 38
Length: 85.8 ft
Breadth: 18.6 ft
Depth: 9.2 ft
Engine: 270ihp T.3-cyl by J. Lewis & Sons Ltd, Aberdeen (Eng.No.134)
Boiler: Ross & Duncan, Govan
10.1918: Launched by John Lewis & Sons Ltd, Torry, Aberdeen (Yd.No.64) (“Admiralty drifter”) for The Admiralty as MURK.
9.11.1918: Ran trials.
11.11.1918; Completed as a minesweeper (Ad.No.3925).
10.1920: Transferred to Ministry of Agriculture & Fisheries, London.
1921: Sold to A. G. Roe, Ramsgate. Fitted for trawling.
25.11.1921: Registered at Ramsgate (Part I & IV) as MURK O.N.137721 (R345).
1922: Sold to Colis Durrant, Lowestoft.
12.7.1922: Registered at Lowestoft (LT171). Colis Durrant designated managing owner.
2.8.1922: Registered at Lowestoft as GIRLS FRIEND (LT171) (RGS M 25244).
c3.1928: Seasonal white fish trawling out of Fleetwood.
31.5.1928: Typical landing 30 boxes.
22.6.1928: Returned to Fleetwood to to pick up new fishing gear having come fast when fishing off the Kish Bank, Co. Dublin coast.
Efforts to free the trawl failed when the trawl warps parted and the gear valued at about £80 was lost.
1930s: Seasonal white fish trawling out of Padstow & Fleetwood.
1937: Sold to A. Duthie, Peterhead.
7.4.1937: Lowestoft registry closed.
21.4.1937: Registered at Peterhead (PD243).
9.6.1937: Registered at Peterhead as TRUST (PD243). John Duthie Jnr designated managing owner.
1939: Ownership transferred to Representatives of John Duthie Jnr, Peterhead.
9.11.1939: Requisitioned for war service on transport duties (Hire rate £32.0.0d/month).
11.1940: Employed as an A/S drifter.
1941: Sold to Alexander Hay & others, Aberdeen.
16.12.1945: Returned to owners.
1954: Sold to William Strachan, Peterhead.
4.1954: Broken up. Peterhead registry closed.
Click to enlarge image
S.D/T. Girls Friend LT171
Picture courtesy of The Robert Durrant Collection
08/02/2019: Page published.
21/03/2019: Information updated.
22/03/2019: Added an image.
Additional information courtesy of Andy Hall
Official Number: 99651
Yard Number: 41
Gross Tonnage: 83.95
Net Tonnage: 30.12
Length: 86.3 Ft
Breadth: 19.4 ft
Depth 9.8 ft
Built: Marr Bros, Leith
Engine: C.2-cyl and boiler by Clyne, Mitchell & Co Ltd, Aberdeen
15.6.1893: Launched by Mrs W. H. Dodds, wife of owner at Marr Bros, Leith (Yd.No.41) as a liner for William Hall Dodds, Aberdeen as EBENEZER.
30.8.1893: Registered at Aberdeen (A715). William Hall Dodds designated managing owner. Fishing out of Aberdeen as a liner (Sk.W. Buthlay).
9.1897: Sold to John Edward Rushworth, Grimsby.
10.9.1897: Registered at Grimsby (GY417). John Edward Rushworth designated manager.
11.9.1897: Aberdeen registry closed.
5.1899: Sold to Hamilton Dixon, Whitehaven.
8.5.1899: Grimsby Registry closed. Registered at Whitehaven (3/1899) (WA80). Hamilton Dixon designated managing owner.
10.1903: Sold to Sweden.
28.10.1903: Whitehaven registry closed.
24/12/2018: Page published.
Official Number: 27317
Gross Tonnage: 33.61
1860: Completed at Freckleton for John Noblett, Fleetwood as NIMBLE.
14.2.1861: Registered at Fleetwood.
1869: Owned by Frederick W. Rigby, (64/64), Preston. Registered at Fleetwood (FD11).
1886: Sold to Patrick Murphy, Swingpump Lane, Whitehaven. Fleetwood registry closed. Registered at Whitehaven (3/18894) (WN7).
1889: Sold to John Preston Peet, Whitehaven & others (John Preston Peet managing owner).
1890: Rebuilt as a ketch – 23 regd tons.
1892: Sold to John Wright, 12 Senhouse Street, Whitehaven & others (John Wright managing owner).
1903: Wrecked in Strangford Lough.
1903: Whitehaven registry closed.
01/12/2018: Page published